Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    I also think his mind was out of fighting near the end of his career, hard to stay sharp after 10+ years of professional fighting, no longer a hungry lion but someone who is thinking of whether or not to retire.
    Who knows if he was even allowed to retire, his handlers were some sketchy dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    His stand up devolved into simply throwing hay makers with little to no set up. Also if you watch the Werdum fight, he had so many opportunities to escape but didn't. Not the same man who out grappled so many great fighters. I personally think it was the pressure of winning and the new atmosphere (fighting in America).
    He did the proper escape, but he bounded into the cage and fell into perfect position. Watch a .gif of it.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    He did the proper escape, but he bounded into the cage and fell into perfect position. Watch a .gif of it.
    Watch right before that he was 90% passed Werdum's guard, all he had to do was sit down into side control. Instead he threw hammerfist while Werdum trapped the arm he left in between his legs and cinched the triangle. That fight was a horrible display of grappling on Fedor's part.

His arm was trapped to my recollection so he threw the fist to loosen it up. Werdum turned and Fedor backed out but bumped the cage and fell directly in.

I don't have it here but that's my recollection.

His grappling was fine; especially for what he thought was a rattled and hurt opponent.

His arm was trapped to my recollection so he threw the fist to loosen it up. Werdum turned and Fedor backed out but bumped the cage and fell directly in.

I don't have it here but that's my recollection.

His grappling was fine; especially for what he thought was a rattled and hurt opponent.
    You can watch the fight on youtube. He had the legs cleared after the first arm bar attempt, the arm wasn't trapped yet he was using it to hook Werdum's leg, for what? I don't know. So Werdum threw the legs up again and trapped the arm. Also it seems that Fedor tapped to the arm bar, not the triangle. You are right about the cage, but honestly he shouldn't have been in that position to begin with.

I'll check it out.

I love this type of thing.

I'll check it out.

I love this type of thing.
    lol me too, Man he fought like a wild animal in that fight.

8. Default

And there's the back bump against the cage...

When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I think Joel meant the hooking behind his knee after passing to the right just before your clip.

He's saying Fedor had no business staying in there and should have kept moving right to north/south or stand up.

But no doubt, that bound into the cage gave Werdum the triangle and stopped a likely scramble.

Hard to believe it appeared inexperience got Fedor (sort of).

Yeah, he was already starting to lose his good position at that point of the gif. He really could have just flattened himself out into side control at one point.

Thread Information