Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Winner of Rousey/Tate II headlines vs Sara McMann at UFC 170

Hybrid View

1. Default Winner of Rousey/Tate II headlines vs Sara McMann at UFC 170

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...adline-ufc-170

Ronda Rousey retained her UFC women's bantamweight title on Saturday with a third round armbar submission victory over Miesha Tate in the co-main event of UFC 168. Her next title defense will come on February 22, when she faces Sara McMann in the main event of UFC 170.

News of the short break between fights came at the UFC 168 post-fight press conference, with UFC president Dana White announcing that Rousey would face the No. 4 ranked McMann at that upcoming fight card.

On Saturday, Rousey moved her professional record to 8-0, with all of those victories coming via armbar submission. Also of note, the victory over Tate was the first time that Rousey was taken out of the first round by an opponent. Her win came at the 58-second mark of Round 3.

McMann, also undefeated as a professional at 7-0, has not fought since earning a first round TKO victory over Shelia Gaff at UFC 159. McMann was slated to face Sarah Kaufman in August, but she withdrew from that fight for undisclosed reasons.

Rousey spoke about her already set title defense against McMann at the press conference:

"Dana actually approached me about this before this fight (versus Tate), and I wanted to stay focused on this one, but I had taken such a long time off that I feel like I want to fight again soon. I don't want to sit on the shelf. I'm in the best shape of my life now, so I think it would be the perfect time to go back to back. I'm still hungry, and this is what I love to do. So, hopefully I'll have another good show for you guys very soon."
    The winner of Rousey versus McMann will likely face No. 1 ranked Cat Zingano. As White said of Zingano:

"She goes back into training in March, and hopefully stay healthy and we can do that fight."
    Zingano is currently on the mend following knee surgery.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

I'm looking forward to this one.

I now want to see this weak ass card even less.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Just read that they were handing out the Rousey/McMann posters at the event [below]. How disrespectful is that to Tate that they made the posters beforehand

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rousey mcmann.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	650   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bcop5gvCUAA2Ttk.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	651  
    Last edited by Dr. MMA; 12-29-2013 at 01:43 PM.

I wonder if they'd printed Tate/McMann posters as well, and Miesha saw them, and knew they'd go out if she won. If they didn't, and they only went with rousey, that would be disrespectful and stupid. But it happens in sports. Pro teams--even college teams--will print shirts and hats as they go into a championship game with the outcome still undecided. If they lose, they eat the cost.

This is just the the ufc desperately trying to make rousey a thing in the public eye. given her utter lack of PR skill, they're going to have their work cut out for them. poor kid makes jon jones look charismatic in comparison.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

6. Default

I'll 2nd other sports print both teams as the winner to get a jump on sales, and with Tee shirts the loser wons goto a 3rd world country for clothing. Just think there could be shirts out there with Sonnen as 185 & 205# champion.lol.

McMann is an interesting name to throw into the mix, could be Rousey's toughest test to date.

HELL YES!

Big McMann fan, Rousey hasn't faced somebody like her yet. Can't wait.

This is an exciting matchup. I'd be inclined to think that if Tate had won that they would've gone for a rubber match.

I want this fight but I think McMann should at least get another fight before. I don't think she's ready for a shot just yet.

Thread Information