Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: UFC 168 bonuses

I'm with everyone who said Miller deserved SOTN, he armbarred a BJJ Black Belt for crying out loud.

Jim Miller eats BJJ black belts for breakfast! Though he himself is a blackbelt, with great technique I might add. I like how he caught the right arm, here I was thinking he was going for the left arm, and saying to my buddy "He doesn't have it yet", then boom, tapout. Lol.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Miller should have gotten sub of the night but the rousey/Tate fight deserved fotn. I found it to be the most exciting fight on the card.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by Firemass View Post
    I'm with everyone who said Miller deserved SOTN, he armbarred a BJJ Black Belt for crying out loud.
    a but if they keep awarding her stuff, a year or two from now, when people complain that she hasn't progressed beyond a one-trick pony, her fanboys will be able to say "butbutbut she's won 4 OTN's!" and nobody will remember how undeserved some of them were.

And thus the hype machine continues.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    a but if they keep awarding her stuff, a year or two from now, when people complain that she hasn't progressed beyond a one-trick pony, her fanboys will be able to say "butbutbut she's won 4 OTN's!" and nobody will remember how undeserved some of them were.

And thus the hype machine continues.

rh
    Tis for the greater good. The greater good!

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Default UF

I absolutely hate when UFC hands these OTN bonuses to the main eventers, especially when they could have gone to more deserved fighters.. These main eventers are already banking a lot with their pay and PPV bonuses. This is the UFC's way of pushing their main eventers status with these bonuses.

Case in point...I did not feel Jon Jones deserved his SOTN bonus against Vitor. I dont see how UFC can award a bonus to a guy who fought his opponent coming in on 2 weeks notice, a MW no less, and fought with broken hand. JOnes just overpowered Vitor and subbed him. Nothing special about it. I believe Vinny Mag was on the same card and he used a beautiful transition to sub Igor Pokrajac. That was more well deserved.

Same thing when he fought Rampage. The whole fight JOnes just kicked away at Rampage's knees and ran away anytime Jackson came within range. Jones finally takes down an exhausted Jackson and RNC him. UFC overlooks Nate Diaz's armbar (only one of the year btw) over Gomi, which was done during a great transition on the ground.

The same thing last night, with Rhonda having to make multiple attempts before she got Tate in that armbar. The whole time on the ground she was trying to yank on the arm and she finally got it 12 minutes in, after Tate showed she had no more energy to grapple with Rhonda. JIm Miller on the other hand, just did his thing, and sub another BJJ black belt with a beautiful transition on the ground and got that sub with technique.

I've felt Anderson Silva received a few unworthy OTN bonuses as well. Maybe it's just me, but the UFC has a knack of appeasing their star divas (Jones, Silva, Rousey)

7. Default

You absolutely hate when they give OTN bonuses to the main card? What about Bigfoot vs Hunt? And I'm sure I could go on.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I'm of the mindset that Miller should have gotten the sub bonus. But I believe he got a nice check after the fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    You absolutely hate when they give OTN bonuses to the main card? What about Bigfoot vs Hunt? And I'm sure I could go on.
    Bigfoot and Hunt was def well deserved (IMO FOTY candidate for close back and forth battle, unlike Diego/Melendez)

What I meant was I hate when OTN are given to main eventers when there was someone on the prelims who should have received it for pulling off a more deserving, stellar performance.

My point is the UFC tends to give the more popular/Big name fighter the bonus than to someone with a lesser name, probably because it helps sell a guy/gal like Jones or Rousey with their list of accomplishments when they promote them for a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I think he is referring to times where it appears they give the bonus to the bigger name fighter in the main or co main event. for example lesnar's basic arm triangle getting it over lytle's crazy inverted armbar from full mount at ufc 116.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information