Thread: Dustin Poirier says Diego Brandao threatened to stab him in the neck before UFC 168

1. Default Dustin Poirier says Diego Brandao threatened to stab him in the neck before UFC 168

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...ab-him-in-neck

Things got pretty heated between Dustin Poirier and Diego Brandao at the UFC 168 weigh-ins on Friday. On Saturday, hours after Poirier moved his record to 15-3 with a first round TKO win over Brandao; Poirier revealed the reason behind the exchange the two had after stepping off the scale.

Following the weigh-in, some assumed that Poirier had been irritated by the fact that Brandao initially checked in at 153 pounds, far over the 146 maximum allowed for their featherweight bout. That fact may have had something to do with Poirier getting in Brandao's face during the staredown, but it was not the main reason Poirier was fired up.

At the post-fight press conference, Poirier revealed what really got him angry:

"On stage I was so mad because before we walked on stage to weigh in he told me he was going to stab me in the neck, and they had to separate us. The guy's nuts, man. That's why I was so upset."
    Poirier said that Brandao made the threat while the fighters were in line waiting to hit the stage for weigh-ins:

"He came up to me and said, ‘you stare at me like this again, I'll cut your neck. Then what are you going to do?'"
    Brandao did attempt to lose additional weight after his initial weigh-in, but he was unable to get anywhere close to 146 pounds. The best he could do was hit 151.5. The fight was contested as a catchweight bout, and Brandao forfeited 25 percent of his purse. Half of that amount went to Poirier, and the other half went to the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

A well-deserved win for Poirier, that was the most satisfying win of the whole card for me. That and Jim Miller's sub.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

i'm wondering why the fuck does NSAC get a cut of diego's purse? it should have all went to poirier.

Time to cut this idiot.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

Thread Information