http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2013/12/2...-to-uriah-hall

"I'm done." Those were the words that Chris Leben uttered as he sat on his stool at the end of Round 1 of his fight against Uriah Hall at UFC 168. Shortly after Leben uttered that phrase, referee Steve Mazzagatti stepped in and waved off the fight, giving the TKO win to Hall at the five minute mark of the first stanza.

The loss was Leben's fourth consecutive defeat in the UFC, dropping his overall record to 22-11, and leaving many to wonder if we would (or should) ever see him step foot in the Octagon again.

UFC president Dana White commented on the fight at the post-fight press conference, saying, "Chris is a tough guy, and I know how bad he wanted to come back and how bad he wanted to fight. It was a perfect fight for him against Uriah. You know how tough Chris is, and for Chris to quit on the stool, he was hurt."

Leben has been part of the UFC since appearing on the first season of The Ultimate Fighter. Leben's bout against Hall was his 22nd appearance inside the Octagon. The loss puts Leben's UFC record at 12-10.

Heading into the fight, the talk was that the loser of the fight most likely faced release from the UFC. White addressed that situation as well as the potential for Leben to hang up his gloves of his own accord by saying, "Well, the guy's not making a decision right there on the spot, and I don't think that there's ever a situation where, you look at it before the fight happens, and you say, ‘yeah, these guys both need to win this fight,' but you never know what's going to happen in a fight. The fight could be a knock down, drag them out war that at the end of the day you have so much respect for both guys you wouldn't want to cut either guy. So I don't really look at it that way. I wait and see what happens."

As for Leben, he left the Octagon before Bruce Buffer read the official decision declaring Hall the victor. He did tweet the following after the fight:

Chris Leben ✔ @cripplerufc

Way to go @UriahHallMMA. Next generation of this sport:real athletes. Days of winning on toughness alone are over. Good job buddy

10:38 PM - 28 Dec 2013
Hours after the fight card had come to an end, Leben gave an indication of the direction he was leaning when he tweeted:

Chris Leben ✔ @cripplerufc

Making da drive back to sd time to start a new chapter ive laned the most strikes in da ufc it was a good run wouldnt change a thing

2:56 AM - 29 Dec 2013