Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: UFC 168: Promotion Reports Anderson Silva Recovering After Successful Surgery

Chris was spanking Silva, I tip my hat to him. However, lets not pretend that Chris was training some special leg kick checking technique meant to hurt his opponent.....it was a poorly thrown kick and a Chris checked it.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

2. Default

Ummm....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/end-of-...13979-mma.html

Weidman checked the kick with a technique he learned from coach Ray Longo.

"Ray Longo once broke a guy's leg in training using what he calls 'The Destruction,' " Weidman said. "It's knee on shin, so when he goes to kick, you put your knee on his shin. It has happened in sparring and guys take a minute off and walk around, and at least it stops them from kicking you.
    http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2013...nderson-silva/

Armed with the knowledge of that experience, Longo knew “The Destruction” could come in handy for Weidman after Silva’s biggest successes in their first fight at UFC 162 in July came with leg kicks. Longo demanded knee-to-shin contact out of Weidman ever since they started preparing for the rematch months ago.

So excuse Weidman if he takes offense to anyone suggesting the injury TKO he used to successfully defend his title for the first time was a stroke of luck.

“I don’t think it was accidental when you try to check a kick and it works,” he said. “If I didn’t try to check the kick, I’d have a big bruised leg right now and he’d have picked me apart with leg kicks. You try to check kicks, and that’s what happens.”
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Chr...ow-Kicks-61333

Although Chris Weidman will admit that his second finish of Anderson Silva was unorthodox, it was by no means unexpected.

Weidman, who retained his UFC middleweight title in brutal fashion on Saturday night after Silva broke his leg while attempting a low kick in the UFC 168 headliner, told Fox Sports shortly after his victory that his counter to Silva’s attack was a result of practice rather than luck.

“[My trainer] Ray Longo actually broke a guy’s leg like that in the gym by putting the knee right on that shin when he kicked, just by following [the kick] up slowly,” Weidman said. “It’s not really going shin-to-shin, but getting your knee on the shin. I’ve done it in sparring with some hard kickers to let them know not to kick me anymore. Their legs didn’t break, but they would either take a minute to walk it off or they wouldn’t be kicking me as much. It’s something I’ve definitely been working on, thanks to Longo.”
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Sak is killing it with these rebuttals, making guys look like fools. Every time I want to correct or argue with somebody he beats me to it hahahaha.

4. Default

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to IceCold48 again.

Would like to say what a fitting end to such an arrogant fuk but even I'm not that cruel.

6. Default

And Steven Segal taught Silva a "devastating" kick technique that enabled him to blast Vitor. I call bullshit on both accounts. I wholeheartedly believe Chris practiced checking legkicks intensely leading up to this fight, but its not some special technique.
    Last edited by CtGreat; 12-29-2013 at 07:52 PM.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    And Steven Segal taught Silva a "devastating" kick technique that enabled him to blast Vitor. I call bullshit on both accounts. I wholeheartedly believe Chris practiced checking legkicks intensely leading up to this fight, but its not some special technique.
    So he practiced it intensively but it's not a technique? What is it then?

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    Are you comparing seagal to ray longo?!? He practiced turning his knee in to check Silvas kick with it. He practiced checking leg kicks with his knee. He practiced kneeing someone in the shin when they tried to kick him. It's a specialized technique. Hell just a regular leg kick check is a technique.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    Suisse drunk I'm having the funsies people not like my crazy
    someone should take my phone when I'm drunk.

Thread Information