Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: UFC 168: Promotion Reports Anderson Silva Recovering After Successful Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Would like to say what a fitting end to such an arrogant fuk but even I'm not that cruel.
    Good thing you're not that cruel, or you'd be setting karma up to break your girl ronda's neck. she's got more arrogance in her false eyelashes than Anderson has in his whole body...not to mention he had far more reason to be proud than she did.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    And Steven Segal taught Silva a "devastating" kick technique that enabled him to blast Vitor. I call bullshit on both accounts. I wholeheartedly believe Chris practiced checking legkicks intensely leading up to this fight, but its not some special technique.
    The more you type, the less intelligent you appear.

Watch 10 fighters checking leg kicks passively, then watch the Weidman fight again.

Then get back to us.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Come on Kevo we need one of your explainations like you gave for Jones toe.lol.
    I'd decided to stay off the forum for the weekend, figured there would be a bunch of dumbasses making dumbass comments...

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    Would like to say what a fitting end to such an arrogant fuk but even I'm not that cruel.
    ...glad to see I made the right decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Maybe she's arrogant .... I'm not sold on that yet but least she doesn't dance around like a fool in the cage.
    Last edited by Qball1974; 12-30-2013 at 01:18 PM.

The checked leg technique was definitely different than others that I've seen. Chris didn't lift his leg and move it in the same direction with the kick to lessen it's impact. Nor did he just simply "take it" on the leg. He definitely positioned his leg to take the kick right at the knee, which is what he was taught to do and trained to do, as we are told he was. His camp and him, are saying that they did so to inflict damage and not simply a defensive maneuver. I would consider the actual break of the leg pretty freaky though.

In my most humbliest of humble opinions, I thought Chris took that first round, not easily, but a solid 10 - 9. Up and until the "kick heard/seen around the world" I thought it was going the same way. In the resulting media, I've gotten the impression that Chris isn't getting the amount of credit he deserves, again in my opinion. The question I have is do you all think that if the break wasn't so grotesque, would Chris be getting more credit for a solid win?
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    The checked leg technique was definitely different than others that I've seen. Chris didn't lift his leg and move it in the same direction with the kick to lessen it's impact. Nor did he just simply "take it" on the leg. He definitely positioned his leg to take the kick right at the knee, which is what he was taught to do and trained to do, as we are told he was. His camp and him, are saying that they did so to inflict damage and not simply a defensive maneuver. I would consider the actual break of the leg pretty freaky though.
    exactly.

In my most humbliest of humble opinions, I thought Chris took that first round, not easily, but a solid 10 - 9. Up and until the "kick heard/seen around the world" I thought it was going the same way. In the resulting media, I've gotten the impression that Chris isn't getting the amount of credit he deserves, again in my opinion. The question I have is do you all think that if the break wasn't so grotesque, would Chris be getting more credit for a solid win?
    If you're asking if Chris would have won, I think he was very likely to do so after damaging the leg twice. Overwhelmingly likely to win, with the odds getting longer as the fight went on.

But it's MMA, and anything can happen...that's what makes it awesome.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    If you're asking if Chris would have won, I think he was very likely to do so after damaging the leg twice. Overwhelmingly likely to win, with the odds getting longer as the fight went on.

But it's MMA, and anything can happen...that's what makes it awesome.

rh
    Not the question I meant to ask, Do you think that if the break wasn't so initially obvious, would Chris be getting more recognition as a solid win and not "because Anderson broke his leg"? I kinda got the feeling that people's reaction to the break is taking away from the fact that Chris was putting on a solid performance.

The Edit: and yes it's MMA, and yes MMA is friggin awesome. One might say it even kicks ass. Much, much pun intended.
    You have to know what you don't know.

I'm happy for AS, let's hope for a speedy recovery, and if he wants to, a return to the cage.

Thread Information