Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: UFC 168: Promotion Reports Anderson Silva Recovering After Successful Surgery

ah...so when you insult people and say "I'm done with this stupidity" it's totally fine...but when someone points out that the stupidity is coming directly from you, it hurts your widdle feelings.

Feel most free to be "done here;" you won't be missed. You don't add anything to the forum but petulance and misperception.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

The subject is stupid and shouldn't even be a thing. You've ran in any post about the fight crying about it lol. I add more to these forums than you do with your petty insults. The more shit I see you say, the more you remind me of Rampage> kimbo (and that's not a compliment). So learn some reading comprehension, I don't spout off calling ppl stupid or any other personal insults at ppl when im having a bad day or someone disagrees with me.

Oh I said "im done" as in I'm done entertaining this pointless bitching and bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    The subject is stupid and shouldn't even be a thing.
    The fact that people can't tell the difference between a passive leg kick and one with intent to injure is stupid.
    But I wouldn't expect you to be able to discern that.

You've ran in any post about the fight crying about it lol. I add more to these forums than you do with your petty insults.
    ah...so again, when you say my perceptions--backed up by guys like Bas Rutten--are stupid, that's not an insult; but when I indicate that you are too dumb to understand what you've just watched, I'm petty.

Got it.
    The more shit I see you say, the more you remind me of Rampage> kimbo (and that's not a compliment).
    hmmm...if your opinion meant anything to anyone at all, that might be insulting. But as it is, I'll take it as a compliment. I wouldn't want a narrow minded idiot who is too ignorant to understand something--even after it's explained in the simplest terms possible--to appreciate my posts.

So learn some reading comprehension,
    I'm sorry son, I have flushed away more comprehension--reading and otherwise--just this afternoon than you'll ever have. I'm willing to bet it smelled better than you, as well.

I don't spout off calling ppl stupid or any other personal insults at ppl when im having a bad day or someone disagrees with me.
    Actually you do. And then you spend the rest of the evening whining about people being mean on the interweb. Remember this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Im done entertaining this stupidity
    In calling my post stupid, you initiated petty bullshit. But notice...Did I insult Flou or anyone else? No. I simply indicated why I believe the things I believe.

Oh I said "im done" as in I'm done entertaining this pointless bitching and bickering.
    of course, you're full as full of shit on this count as all your other bullshit...because you couldn't resist coming back here and spewing more inane nonsense, could you?

Have you rewatched the fight? Watch Weidman drop the knee into Silva's first leg kick as he did the second. Anderson's camp is now reporting that he heard something "crack" in the first check and that it hurt him. It was the same counter. Then couple it with Weidman's statement that even though the leg kicks Silva was throwing in the first fight gave him the most trouble, that he and Longo determined that they were being thrown badly, so they drilled and redrilled a counter to damage the leg when he threw them again. Bas Rutten tweeted within minutes of the break that Anderson wasn't turning his hips and was striking with the weak, flat part. Weidman REPEATEDLY actively countered the strike with intent to do damage.

This wasn't a fluke, it wasn't a freak accident. It wasn't a freak incident. It wasn't a passive low kick check.

All the video evidence is there for it.

But again, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see, amirite?

rh
    Last edited by rivethead; 12-29-2013 at 07:49 PM.
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    ah...so again, when you say my perceptions--backed up by guys like Bas Rutten--are stupid, that's not an insult; but when I indicate that you are too dumb to understand what you've just watched, I'm petty.

Have you rewatched the fight? Watch Weidman drop the knee into Silva's first leg kick as he did the second. Anderson's camp is now reporting that he heard something "crack" in the first check and that it hurt him. It was the same counter. Then couple it with Weidman's statement that even though the leg kicks Silva was throwing in the first fight gave him the most trouble, that he and Longo determined that they were being thrown badly, so they drilled and redrilled a counter to damage the leg when he threw them again. Bas Rutten tweeted within minutes of the break that Anderson wasn't turning his hips and was striking with the weak, flat part. Weidman REPEATEDLY actively countered the strike with intent to do damage.

This wasn't a fluke, it wasn't a freak accident. It wasn't a freak incident. It wasn't a passive low kick check.

All the video evidence is there for it.

But again, there are none so blind as those who refuse to see, amirite?

rh
    Just playing Devil's advocate a bit here but Bas also called it a freak accident. This is from his latest face book post.

Last one for real, haha, OK, thanks for posting the short video. Now I know Weidman checked it with his higher part shin (just under the knee), well, this was a freak accident, it was with the flatter part of the shin although he DID turn his hips in a bit.
    When Weidman wouldn't have blocked, it would have been a good kick just above the knee and everything would have been fine. So this could have happened to anybody. Still, when a thinner flatter part hits a thicker (flatter part in this case) this can happen.
    The video I posted is about blocking a right outside low kick with your left leg just under your knee

I am on MMA junky radio tomorrow morning at 9 am PT with George Garcia. I give you more examples of some fighters who do this with their right leg (when orthodox) and I a huge fan of those guys. With the inside low kick it will almost always hit the flat part of the shin bec of the angle.

Party on
    https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

I've always liked you Riv, and you've always been spot on but in this case I will disagree with you. While Weidman was winning and his game plan was great, the fact that Silva broke his leg on something that rarely happens, I'm sorry I can't agree.

And I am saying this as a guy who loves Silva and respected Weidman's first win.

Also I will debate this but only in a civil debate, I'm sick of Weidman fanboys and Silva fanboys going at each others throats. Just wan't to talk MMA.

Also I would have loved to have seen that fight continue after that kick. In a 5 round fight anything can happen. It sucks to see a great card be ruined by a nasty bone break.
    Last edited by Raiders18; 12-29-2013 at 08:30 PM.

The checks were spot on and a nice counter but the foot snapping eeerrrrrrr *shivers* have to say is a freak on purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    Just playing Devil's advocate a bit here but Bas also called it a freak accident. This is from his latest face book post.
    https://www.facebook.com/BasRutten
    How dare you indicate that my semantics are wrong after I've argued semantics all day. Negged!

I freely admit that I can't speak for Bas here...but I'm not sure if he's referring to the break as an accident.

I've never argued that Weidman intended to break Silva's leg. But he did intend to harm it, and prevent him from throwing effective kicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    I've always liked you Riv, and you've always been spot on but in this case I will disagree with you. While Weidman was winning and his game plan was great, the fact that Silva broke his leg on something that rarely happens, I'm sorry I can't agree.
    I've always liked you, as well. You should post more.
    I'm not arguing that the break itself was intentional.
    I'm stating Weidman's intent was to harm, and the break was a by product. Much like a fighter punching an opponent's chin intends to hurt a guy, or knock him out...but it sometimes results in a broken jaw.

Do you believe Weidman wasn't intending to do harm?
    Do you believe the low check was entirely passive?

And I am saying this as a guy who loves Silva and respected Weidman's first win.
    Many people don't realize that I'm an Anderson fan. I struggled with his diva nonsense because I've always felt he could have been so much more. People mistake that as hate, though.

Also I will debate this but only in a civil debate, I'm sick of Weidman fanboys and Silva fanboys going at each others throats. Just wan't to talk MMA.
    I'm totally cool with that, particularly since I've known you've been a fan forever.

Also I would have loved to have seen that fight continue after that kick. In a 5 round fight anything can happen. It sucks to see a great card be ruined by a nasty bone break.
    I agree with that...but I don't think it was a tragedy, and I think it is far more likely than not that Silva loses anyway.
    Do you think the odds were in his favor with one bad leg?

rh

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    The checks were spot on and a nice counter but the foot snapping eeerrrrrrr *shivers* have to say is a freak on purpose.
    ...a freak result of an intentional counter?

rh

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Yes a freak result of an intentional counter

It's a tough spot. Because you can't say well Weidman and his camp just thought this up to leg check Silva so he would break his leg(which alot of people have said). It's been done thousands of times for numerous opponents. It''s a commonly practiced thing. This is where it becomes tough. Like I said I do not discount Weidman, he is very good and was winning the fight up until that point and he had a great game plan.

See and what I hate is because of the momentum of the fight people will assume Silva was out regardless, 1 and a half legs regardless, you and I both know anything can happen.

It's tough, this reminded me so much of Shogun vs Coleman. Weather or not who could have won, it should not have stopped right there.

And thanks, btw, I took time away and I think I will start posting more.

Thread Information