Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travis Browne Talks About Potential Fight With Cain Velasquez

1. Default Travis Browne Talks About Potential Fight With Cain Velasquez

http://fiveouncesofpain.com/2013/12/...ain-velasquez/

Travis Browne isn’t overlooking a potential No. 1 contender match with Fabricio Werdum in 2014, but he’s also already looking forward.

Forward would be a potential championship battle against Cain Velasquez, and Daniel Cormier, a close friend and training partner of Velasquez’s, asked “Hapa” about that contest during the FOX Sports 1 post-fight show.

“Cain would definitely be my toughest test,” said Browne, who finished Josh Barnett at UFC 168. “He is the best in the world. He is so skilled, a great athlete…it would be my stiffest test.”
    Browne, though, added that:

“I will be ready for it when the time comes. I am going to be training for that fight now.”
    Just five years into his MMA career, Browne has now defeated the likes of Barnett and Alistair Overeem, along with Gabriel Gonzaga. His lone loss came to Antonio Silva in 2012.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

Great fighter that could cause a lot of problems for Cain. Would be an exciting fight to watch for sure but I guess Werdum is next anyway which makes for an interesting fight as well.

Cain finishes him quickly.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

Headline should be "Travis Browne discusses suicide in potential match with current champ Cain"
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

I think this fight would go the direction of Cain/Rothwell. Just a lot of getting dumped on his butt and beaten up. Either way, this is an easy win for Cain IMO. I just don't see where Browne brings anything to the table to cause Cain problems.

Cain destroys him. He should get a Miocic, JDS, or Werdum before talking about Cain.

Quote Originally Posted by noahm View Post
    I think this fight would go the direction of Cain/Rothwell. Just a lot of getting dumped on his butt and beaten up. Either way, this is an easy win for Cain IMO. I just don't see where Browne brings anything to the table to cause Cain problems.
    I don't think so.

I know Browne hasn't faced any dynamic wrestlers like Cain but he has shown a pretty solid defense so far against Barnett and Gonzaga who are very good grapplers. He's a very big fighter that moves really well that alone could pose problems for Cain because if Cain cannot take him down he's going to be in for a hard tough fight. Browne is still fairly young in this sport but stylistically I don't see it as a good match up for Cain. I don't know much about Brownes ground game but his striking is very good, I would say even better than JDS. JDS was more of an explosive boxer but Browne is much taller, very light on his feet and mixes up everything effectively which creates more problems rather than just worrying solely about hands which was the case with JDS.

I was liking Browne until he opened his mouth after the Barnett fight. Fuck he was annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    I was liking Browne until he opened his mouth after the Barnett fight. Fuck he was annoying.
    Yea I was a fan of his but he's been showing a bit of arrogance. I stopped being a fan in the Bigfoot fight when he was just showboating like an asshole before he injured himself and got ko'd

Quote Originally Posted by Raiders18 View Post
    Same here. I was just starting to like him till his post fight interview.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Thread Information