Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Vitor Belfort ready to fight Chris Weidman 'tomorrow' in his 'jungle'

1. Default Vitor Belfort ready to fight Chris Weidman 'tomorrow' in his 'jungle'

http://www.mmamania.com/2013/12/29/5...idman-next-mma

No. 1-ranked Middleweight title contender Vitor Belfort is on different level.

So different, in fact, then when asked about his thoughts on the devastating leg injury (see pic here) that Anderson Silva suffered last night (Sat., Dec. 28, 2013) in the main event of UFC 168 at MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada, "The Phenom" glossed over the question and, instead, talked about his championship mission ... and jungle ... and other odd things.

Check out the full transcript from his post-fight interview with FOX Sports 1:

"It's sad, it's sad the way it ended. We are all athletes, we all know how hard it is for us. How hard it is for what we go through. But, it's part of the job. I'm focused on my mission. When I was 19 years old, man, and I came into this crowd and saw all this -- when I was 19, fighting two guys on the same night and winning the title … they didn't have a weight division. Then, to go back and win the title, and now to face young guys like Chris Weidman, getting my Middleweight belt, that's about making history. That's what this is about. Focus. We have a mission and we are about to accomplish the mission…. I was just focused on who is going to be the next guy in my jungle. That belt belongs to me. I'm focused and I'm motivated … bringing experience into the cage. That's what it's all about…. I'm ready tomorrow, I'm ready today. I'm ready to get in the cage today -- get my cup, get my mouthpiece. I'm ready to go. In my jungle I am undefeated. That jungle belongs to me, so … I'm a lion, I'm unpredictable. Come into the cage with me and you know what you are going to face. And you know I'm looking for the finish. That's what it's all about. The biggest battle is in the mind and I'm enjoying what I'm doing right now. It's a joy for me."
    Belfort, of course, is now set to face Chris Weidman, who successfully defended his 185-pound title thanks to dominant first round over "The Spider" and, of course, the freak injury that occurred in round two (watch full fight video highlights here).

It's a position that Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) President Dana White has admitted that Belfort has earned. That's because since losing to Light Heavyweight champion Jon Jones at UFC 152, Vitor Belfort has gone on a tear, dropping back down to Middleweight and racking up three straight impressive knockout victories inside the Octagon.

But, what's more impressive, is that he did against top tier talent as he flattened Michael Bisping, Luke Rockhold and Dan Henderson.

"Yeah, I think Vitor has earned the right to face whoever the winner is. Vitor has been out there fighting, taking on all comers," said White just before the year-end pay-per-view (PPV) event. "Yeah, he's next in line ... no doubt about it."
    For those keeping count, Belfort has actually won five straight at 185 pounds, one of them being a catch-weight fight against Anthony Johnson at UFC 142. Prior to that, the Brazilian bomber blitzed through Yoshihiro Akiyama at UFC 133, his first win after getting knocked out by the aforementioned Silva at UFC 126 in their title fight.
    There are many paths to freedom, not all are peaceful

He seemed like he had a few to drink before that interview...
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

A jungle of TRTrees

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

welcome to the TRT jungle.. where weidman is the tube and vitor is the cream.... what..?

freak injury? what are the credentials that allow these clowns to be considered mma journalists? i feel like i could do a better job in my sleep if i actually focused on using correct grammar and punctuation unlike on here where i post shit the second it pops into my head haha;
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    freak injury? what are the credentials that allow these clowns to be considered mma journalists? i feel like i could do a better job in my sleep if i actually focused on using correct grammar and punctuation unlike on here where i post shit the second it pops into my head haha;
    Yeah, that definitely wasn't a freak accident. I was sitting with a dude that was yelling, "you gotta turn your hips! That's what happens when you don't turn the hips with a leg kick!!"

BP
    Kevo's response regarding Jon Jones' toe injury:
    Quote Originally Posted by Trodden View Post
    At what point did the injury occur?
    Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    The part where his big toe does a backflip

The one part I do like about Silva loosing is I am actually pretty pumped to see Belfort vs Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Drunk on Jesus juice!
    lol right. Turned water into wine... making it useless on a hot day in the desert, and not so good for kids either.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

I have never wanted Vitor to lose so bad in my life.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information