Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cagepotato's piece on Weidman/Silva sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by Flou View Post
    I think it's a good article because like he says, people will wonder/argue until end of time what would have happened. Yes you can train checking leg kicks, but how often do you see people injuring themselves from that, not just in MMA but professional kickboxing as well. This is the 3rd time I've seen anything like this happen that's after watching over thousand MMA and K-1 (Glory and whatever they call those new orgs) fights.
    If broken legs happened more often from checked leg kicks, no one would argue that it's some sort of freak incident. But since they are rare occurance there will always be those among us who will ponder what might have happened.
    It sucks for the fans and it sucks for the fighters as well. I don't like Weidman, I was rooting for Silva, but still I would have rather have seen Weidman beat Silva into a bloody mess than witness such a rare injury. At least then everyone and their mom would have had to shut up about how the fight might have gone.

But at least the Middleweight division looks intresting after such long time with Belfort, Jacare and Machida aiming for the belt.
    Silva got flash ko'd in the first and spent the rest of the round on his back.
    he got checked with bad intentions.
    i dont wonder what would have happened. Weidman beat silva twice.
    No need to speculate, it wasnt a split decision or a draw. AS has 2 TKO losses to CW.
    I hope the Surgery was a success and he gets back to a normal life, buthe probably shouldnt ask for another shot at weidman.
    He and GSP should go out and have some mai tais in Tahiti or something and enjoy life. He's earned it.

H.
    Welcome to Sunnyvale.
    No, wait..Fuck you!

You cant take anything away from what Weidman has accomplished. He trained to check the leg kicks in such a way that it could cause injury to silva..did anyone know it would break his leg? no..was it a possibility? yes. to me its the same as someone training their boxing. Do you know a certain punch is gonna knock someone out? no..is it possible if it lands it will knock them out? yes .
    I dont see fluke being any part of what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Does the article need to state that it is a legitimate win? The athletic commission already did that and as far as I've heard nobody is really arguing with it. I don't see how anyone can not be disappointed with that outcome though.
    The only reason I am disappointment is because the way it ended continued the bullshit of people disrespecting and discrediting Weidman.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Sorry RH, but the breaking of the leg is a freak injury. Yes, Wiedman checked the kick, yes he did so with the intent of inflicting damage to Silva instead of receiving damage to himself. The win was legit and it was won off a legit technique but its not like Chris was going for the win and finished Silva. He used a defensive counter with the aim of slowing Silva down and reversing the damage.

I take nothing away from Chris. He has beat Silva twice now. To me, the first one was more solid than the rematch. I think, for me anyway, what does take away from Wiedman is people acting like he snapped Silva's leg intentionally for the win. He didn't. What he did do was win RD1, and prove that in the 2 and half rounds we have seen them fight he has Silva's number.

Maybe something people should be concentrating on, instead of claiming that Wiedman meant to break Silva's leg is the fact that in 2 fights now, Silva had to use leg kicks because when he threw punches Wiedman just wasn't there. Or the fact that when Silva got the clinch and most of the MMA world probably said oh Chris is fucked now he instead controlled Silva and was able to knock him down (Silva was no where near as hurt looking as Rogan made it sound, but make no mistake he went down solely because Wiedman tagged him)/

At no point have I stated Weidman intended to break Silva's leg. I don't know anyone who has. But he intended to harm him.
    The injury wasn't an accident. The extent of the injury was an accident.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    At no point have I stated Weidman intended to break Silva's leg. I don't know anyone who has. But he intended to harm him.

rh
    I agree 100% with that. I guess we were saying the same thing just in different ways. At work skimming over the threads it looked like some were claiming the check was intended to break the leg and end the fight.

http://www.bjpenn.com/video-weidman-...hamp-a-douche/

VIDEO | Weidman Partying Topless In Vegas; Is The Champ A Douche?

I think this type of reporting makes cagepotato look pretty good incomparison
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    The only reason I am disappointment is because the way it ended continued the bullshit of people disrespecting and discrediting Weidman.
    Not to sound like a jerk, but why are you so worked up over wether or not strangers respect weidman? I get that you're obviously a fan... But the wins are on his record, the belt is around his waist man... Don't worry about what doubters or silva nut huggers say. I'm a silva fan. My man lost twice. Decisively. I respect weidman as the champ he is... But I'm not worried about the opinions of other when compared to the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but why are you so worked up over wether or not strangers respect weidman? I get that you're obviously a fan... But the wins are on his record, the belt is around his waist man... Don't worry about what doubters or silva nut huggers say. I'm a silva fan. My man lost twice. Decisively. I respect weidman as the champ he is... But I'm not worried about the opinions of other when compared to the facts.
    He's from where I'm from, so I've seen him throughout the years dating back to when I was in middle school. Back then the guys who were county champion wrestlers and Hofstra camp guys were like role models to all the pee wee kids like myself at the time so it kind of bothers me.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Most of the articles on MMA that are based on opinions rather than stone cold facts are a load of shit.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    Semantics, but true. The best offense is a good defense when an opponent is striking and vice versa.

OT: Noone cares to change what they think simply because you have seen somebody.
    Last edited by Sniggles; 01-02-2014 at 03:04 AM.

Thread Information