Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cagepotato's piece on Weidman/Silva sucks ass

Quote Originally Posted by rspier View Post
    Not to sound like a jerk, but why are you so worked up over wether or not strangers respect weidman? I get that you're obviously a fan... But the wins are on his record, the belt is around his waist man... Don't worry about what doubters or silva nut huggers say. I'm a silva fan. My man lost twice. Decisively. I respect weidman as the champ he is... But I'm not worried about the opinions of other when compared to the facts.
    The only issue is when the opinions are connected to misreported facts, as many of the initial stories were. When a writer begins with blatant and/overt bias, they have a tendency to distort the facts.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Yeah man, I get that... Mma journalism tends to such. You have to read the stories and kinda ferret out te facts yourself... Find sources you like and trust... I just try to enjoy the sport as much as I can, and that means not getting worked up over the opinions of the uneducated. I was literally engaged in a coversation once where a guy told me rampage was beating Jon jones until he got disqualified for slamming him. I don't even know what world he from, how that's what he saw... But he was serious. I just changed the subject.

I completely agree with your opinion of the break, about the extent of the damage and such... It wasn't a freak ACCIDENT. A freak occurance maybe... But only because of the extent ofthe injury... I know that, That's all matter to me. I just stoked for weidman vs belfort now...

Ice cold just seems like he's so worked up over the opinions of other he can't enjoy the win for his fighter. That's a bummer man. You know what happened... Enjoy the win man

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    He's from where I'm from, so I've seen him throughout the years dating back to when I was in middle school. Back then the guys who were county champion wrestlers and Hofstra camp guys were like role models to all the pee wee kids like myself at the time so it kind of bothers me.
    I feel ya man. But you can't worry about everyone's opinion. Honestly I just try to watch the fight, make my own opinion... And occasionally read some of the opinions on here. Honesty I trust rivets opinion and break down more then Ido most journalists. Lol

I don't get worked up over this stuff, if for nothing but how it's the very nature of sports journalism. It's nearly entirely editorial, and through the prism of whomever is reporting. Cagepotato isn't much worse than any other site, and they're actually much more grounded than troll sites like the bleacher report or lying piles of shit like mmabay. It's actually refreshing to see how excited some of the CP guys get over bookings and fights, and their 'gambling addiction enabler' series is an amusing take on the subject.

I have more important things to get upset about than some guy with a double digit IQ and a triple digit income writing a subtle hit piece on Weidman.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

I think some of us get "worked up" just to show the respect that the fighters deserve because we are fans of the sport. I'm sure a lot of uneducated fans who are new to the sport pass through here all the time just based off the website name alone, it would suck if they read some of the bullshit and believed it without actually reading some of the more intellectual and accurate posts.

When I first started posting here (which was a looooong time ago) I was an uneducated fan just looking to get more info and I admit I made some stupid posts as well while I was starting to get hooked on the sport, if it wasn't for some of the more knowledgable posters actually debating and correcting the facts, I wouldn't have learned much at all. So I think it's important to get "worked up" over some of these posts as it would educate a lot of fans and even regular posters.

Thread Information