Thread: UFC 168 salaries: Weidman, Silva’s paydays lead $1.9 million disclosed payroll

1. Default UFC 168 salaries: Weidman, Silva’s paydays lead $1.9 million disclosed payroll

http://mmajunkie.com/2013/12/ufc-168...losed-payroll/

UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman, Anderson Silva and Josh Barnett were the top earners at this past weekend’s UFC 168 event.

MMAjunkie today obtained the list of disclosed paydays from the Nevada State Athletic Commission, which oversaw the Dec. 28 pay-per-view event at Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas. The total disclosed payroll for the event was $1,872,000.

Silva, who suffered a horrific leg break in a headlining loss, earned a base pay of $600,000, and he would have earned an additional $200,000 with a victory. Weidman ranked behind him with $400,000, of which $200,000 was a win bonus. Barnett, meanwhile, earned a flat rate of $170,000 in a knockout loss to Travis Browne, who earned $56,000.

The full list of disclosed paydays included:

Champ Chris Weidman: $400,000 (includes $200,000 win bonus)
    def. Anderson Silva: $600,000

Champ Ronda Rousey: $100,000 (includes $50,000 win bonus)
    def. Miesha Tate: $28,000

Travis Browne: $56,000 (includes $28,000 win bonus)
    def. Josh Barnett: $170,000

Jim Miller: $92,000 (includes $46,000 win bonus)
    def. Fabricio Camoes: $8,000

Dustin Poirier: $46,000 (includes $23,000 win bonus)
    def. Diego Brandao: $20,000

Uriah Hall: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Chris Leben: $51,000

Michael Johnson: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
    def. Gleison Tibau: $39,000

Dennis Siver: $66,000 (includes $33,000 win bonus)
    def. Manny Gamburyan: $25,000

John Howard: $32,000 (includes $16,000 win bonus)
    def. Siyar Bahadurzada: $17,000

William Macario: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
    def. Bobby Voelker: $12,000

Robert Peralta: $24,000 (includes $12,000 win bonus)
    def. Estevan Payan: $10,000

Now, the usual disclaimer: The figures do not include deductions for items such as insurance, licenses and taxes. Additionally, the figures do not include money paid by sponsors, which can oftentimes be a substantial portion of a fighter’s income. They also do not include any other “locker room” or special discretionary bonuses the UFC oftentimes pays. Additionally, they don’t include any pay-per-view revenue some top fighters receive.

For example, as previously reported, UFC officials handed out additional $75,000 UFC 168 bonuses to Browne (“KO of the Night”), Rousey (“Submission of the Night” and “Fight of the Night” for $150,000 total) and Tate (“Fight of the Night”).
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

$600 k for Silva!? wow I think thats the most I've ever seen a fighter get win or lose.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Poor Uriah Hall, he got less than a lot of the losers and he finally looked really good. Although Leben is a perfect match up for him. Really surprised at Barnett and Leben's pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Poor Uriah Hall, he got less than a lot of the losers and he finally looked really good. Although Leben is a perfect match up for him. Really surprised at Barnett and Leben's pay.
    Mac you're back!!

PS Hall lost TUF so he is still on that low TUF loser contract, he knew when he signed that he wasn't going to make all that much for a while.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Travis Browne will be getting a new contract soon.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by K1NG P3NN View Post
    Travis Browne will be getting a new contract soon.
    He'll have to renegotiate after he becomes the champ.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Feel bad for miesha, co headliner and ends up getting just that. I don't know how this ppv points work but do you guys think miesha got those ppv points aswel or is it just the headliners?
    Siver getting some good bucks there.

Damn Weidmans move of not negotiating hie new contract until after the first Silva fight paid off. Good for him

Quote Originally Posted by cosmicsunn View Post
    Feel bad for miesha, co headliner and ends up getting just that. I don't know how this ppv points work but do you guys think miesha got those ppv points aswel or is it just the headliners?
    Siver getting some good bucks there.
    I'm sure between co-main eventing and being one of the coaches for TUF Meisha made out pretty good with the bonus money that wasn't reported.

Which considering she was coming into the match after losing her previous match and being 1-2 in in the last two years she made out pretty good either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    Barnett is still on his Strikeforce contract. Lebens make sense depending on when he signed it. He is on a four fight losing streak so it probably before his streak started.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information