Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Michael Johnson asking Dana White for a fight with Nate Diaz

Hybrid View

Default Michael Johnson asking Dana White for a fight with Nate Diaz

Michael Johnson asking Dana White for a fight with Nate Diaz

Nate Diaz is in Michael Johnson's sights according to his most recent Twitter post.

Michael Johnson has been one of the nicer revelations in the past several months. Always touted as one of the most talented guys in the gym, Johnson's UFC performances were often lacking, including back to back losses to Myles Jury and Reza Madadi.

Many felt that the UFC was feeding Johnson to the wolves when he was set to face Joe Lauzon at the first UFC card on Fox Sports 1. Instead, Johnson put a beating on Lauzon, dominating him for a unanimous decision win. He similarly surprised and dominated Gleison Tibau at UFC 168, knocking him out in the second round.

Johsnon is now tweeting at his boss asking for a big fight:

Michael Johnson ✔ @FollowTheMenace
    Follow

Trying to get on a serious streak here everyone retweet if u would like to see me fight @NateDiaz209 @danawhite id love this match up!!

I like this matchup. Both guys coming off of big performances. Would have some very good boxing by both guys. Make this happen Dana. Nate Diaz would be a big step up for the menace.

horrible match up imo. Johnson looked good last two fights, but Diaz is too much for him at this point In his career. Diaz wins by TKO or sub.

Quote Originally Posted by CtGreat View Post
    horrible match up imo. Johnson looked good last two fights, but Diaz is too much for him at this point In his career. Diaz wins by TKO or sub.
    I pretty much agree. I don't think Johnson could handle the sheer volume of strikes from Diaz, then he'd probably fall into a sub. Still, he's got KO power so there's always a chance. I would like to see this matchup, and I will cheer for the underdog.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I like this fight but Diaz is too much too soon for him right now. Johnson can be a top 5 guy with a solid camp I think.

If Nate had just lost then this fight would make more sense, Johnson is clearly a step down from Maynard so it doesn't really make sense for Diaz to fight him after a win.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

He needs to probably set his sights a little lower in terms of who he wants to fight next. Maybe Donald Cerrone if he wins his next match or possibly Jim Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    He needs to probably set his sights a little lower in terms of who he wants to fight next. Maybe Donald Cerrone if he wins his next match or possibly Jim Miller
    That actually sounds like a perfect match up. I've been really impressed with johnson lately, cerrone would be a solid test.

Wishful thinking by Johnson.

He should get top 10, not top 5. Cerrone is ideal as Cerrone won't get a title shot while Pettis is champ.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Thread Information