Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GSP Says The UFC Took His Championship Belt When His Back Was Turned

Nobody was taking timmays belt.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    Calm down Tim Sylvia
    haha beat me to it. Apparently I have to rep someone else before I Rep you again

At the end of the day, GSP still comes out winning here by a country mile.

Sure, maybe they took his title behind his back and Dana said some dickhead things leading up to GSP's "taking a break", but think of how many buys GSP will be taking from the UFC with his absence.

Couple that with his role in the Captain America sequel, leaving while on top and the utter desperate grovelling at GSP's feet he'd receive upon his return, and the millions of dollars the UFC will be throwing at him(not that he needs it) to get him back.

End of day, they can take his title and treat him unprofessionally upon his exit, but GSP holds all of the fucking cards here and will until he chooses to return(and IF). UFC is losing a lot of business with his absence, he was their biggest draw and can hold them over a barrel.

Again, GSP wins here.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Again, GSP wins here.
    I guess the unspoken question is why does someone have to lose?

Georges made the UFC tens, if not hundreds of millions for every million they paid him. He's exhausted, done. Why can't he just be allowed to go? Why does anything need to devolve into a pissing contest?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

Georges made the UFC tens, if not hundreds of millions for every million they paid him. He's exhausted, done. Why can't he just be allowed to go? Why does anything need to devolve into a pissing contest?

rh
    Probably not too happy about losing their money machine on such short notice...what else could it be?

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

rh
    Well probably because Dana's involved and if he doesn't get what he wants things the way he wants them it will dissolve into the pissing contest. In the past Dana likes to make the call as to when you should walk away from the UFC

Gotta think Dana is really not happy now either in a span of just a few months he's lost GSP and Silva his to two top fighters and both big PPV draws.

Because at the end of the day we are all just hairless apes grunting and trying to impose our will on each other.

And also.. some of us are cunts.

Thread Information