Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GSP Says The UFC Took His Championship Belt When His Back Was Turned

Man this seems straight out the WWE. I'm expecting Rush to run into the octagon during Hendricks and Lawlors match and hit both fighters with steel chairs; declaring I'"m the real champ!"
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

just to add to this, if anyone remembers the post fight presser one of the first questions from the media is how GSP is doing and if/when he will attend the presser. Dana answers something along the lines of "GSP is heading to the hospital to be evaluated and wont be coming to the presser to answer questions."

Shortly after saying this, GSP comes walking in like nothing happened and Dana looks somewhat pissed off GSP is even there answering questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    just to add to this, if anyone remembers the post fight presser one of the first questions from the media is how GSP is doing and if/when he will attend the presser. Dana answers something along the lines of "GSP is heading to the hospital to be evaluated and wont be coming to the presser to answer questions."

Shortly after saying this, GSP comes walking in like nothing happened and Dana looks somewhat pissed off GSP is even there answering questions.
    I remember reading about this couple days after the fight. Apparently GSP had to sort of force his way to the presser. I can't believe they would actually treat GSP out of all fighters this way, he was a respectful champion.

Here is a video link as a source to this thread where GSP talks about his belt being taken. I watched it so I figured I would share. It's in French so I'm not 100% sure but I think he says when he came out of the shower, and he was wearing his suit and he saw someone just take off with the belt. It's around the 40 min mark.

http://www.tou.tv/infoman-2013

"Aliens"

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

Quote Originally Posted by disposableassassin View Post
    "Aliens"
    HAHAHA that's what I was thinking, I really don't think they took his belt. They didn't take it away from Jones after the Gus fight which in my opinion which was a worse decision (albeit both were way closer than people made it out to be) and they dind't do it after Machida "beat" Shogun in probably the worst decision of all time.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

IF the UFC took the belt they wouldn't have taken it over some wrong felt decision, IF they did take it, it would be because they knew he was about to anounce his withdrawl from the sport.

Judging by the fight presser antics I would suggest this is very possible.

Wait, they get a belt for every defense? That'd be pretty freaking cool if you ask me. I'd wear those things everywhere, to the mall, to the grocery store, shit while I'm at the bar, everywhere.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    Wait, they get a belt for every defense? That'd be pretty freaking cool if you ask me. I'd wear those things everywhere, to the mall, to the grocery store, shit while I'm at the bar, everywhere.
    Calm down Tim Sylvia
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    IF the UFC took the belt they wouldn't have taken it over some wrong felt decision, IF they did take it, it would be because they knew he was about to anounce his withdrawl from the sport.

Judging by the fight presser antics I would suggest this is very possible.
    Everytime you defend a belt you get to keep it. What would whether or not he withdrew have anything to do with it?
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Everytime you defend a belt you get to keep it. What would whether or not he withdrew have anything to do with it?
    emotional headgames from a reactionary president?

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Thread Information