Thread: UFN 34 Weigh Ins & Extras

Threaded View

Default UFN 34 Weigh Ins & Extras

UFC Fight Night 34 weigh-in results: Fighters on weight in Singapore

The full UFC Fight Night 34 weigh-in results included:

MAIN CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 9 a.m. ET)

Tarec Saffiedine (170) vs. Hyun Gyu Lim (171)
    Tatsuya Kawajiri (145) vs. Sean Soriano (145)
    Luiz Dutra (171) vs. Kiichi Kunimoto (171)
    Kyung Ho Kang (136) vs. Shunichi Shimizu (135)

PRELIMINARY CARD (UFC Fight Pass, 6:30 a.m. ET)

Will Chope (146) vs. Max Holloway (146)
    Katsunori Kikuno (156) vs. Quinn Mulhern (155)
    David Galera (136) vs. Royston Wee (134)
    Tae Hyun Bang (156) vs. Mairbek Taisumov (155)
    Dustin Kimura (135) vs. Jon Delos Reyes (135)
    Russell Doane (135) vs. Leandro Issa (136)

Video replay: UFC Fight Night 34 fighter weigh-ins

When the UFC called David Galera, the unknown fighter thought, Why me?
    I was thinking a lot that night, Galera told MMAjunkie. I was like, Why me?
    I have a lot of teammates that are 10 times better than me, but I figured I must be here for a reason, Galera said. The next day, I went straight to the gym, geared up, and focused on training. I just trained, trained, trained.

Royston Wee says being UFCs first Singaporean no big deal, teases flying triangle
    Im really glad that I can be the first Singaporean to fight in the UFC, but at the end of the day, it doesnt really matter if Im the first or the second or whatever, Wee told MMAjunkie. I want to be the best Singaporean fighter and a real title contender. It doesnt matter if Im first if, over the next few years, other Singaporean fighters are better than me.
    If I win this fight in a boring fashion, people will say it wasnt a good fight, Wee said. Im going in with a lot of knockout punches, and if I grab hold of him, look out for the flying triangle. Ive been working hard on that.

UFC Fight Night 34s Tarec Saffiedine says Hyun Gyu Lim unknown but worthy
    In my heart, Im still the Strikeforce champion, he told MMAjunkie. But I had to put that aside and just focus on the future. Now, Im in the UFC, and I need to focus on that and get the win. I need to get another mindset.
    Obviously, I was really excited to fight Jake, he said. Jake is a big name, and I think it would have been a great fight. But I dont underestimate Lim, and Im excited to face somebody like him.

I think if you look at it another way, like, every win in the UFC is a step forward, he later added. And Lim is a good fighter. Even though hes unknown, hes a good fighter, and I believe a win over him puts me back on top.

Fight Night 34s Dustin Kimura: I just want to fight and put somebody to sleep
    It just lit a fire under my ass, he told MMAjunkie Radio. I never want to get my ass kicked again, so its been the motivating thing thats ever happened to me.

Kimura, who was undefeated as a pro before UFC 165, said he never paid attention to his record. But now that there is a one on his resume where there used to be a zero, he feels differently.

It was just super humbling and motivating, he said.
    I think its going to be a super good fight, Kimura said. I know he said he wanted Fight of the Night; I want Fight of the Night. Im looking for the finish. Ive seen him fight before. Hes a scrappy dude from Guam, so I know its going to be fireworks.
    Hes probably, I would think, a little more nervous than hes been (with the) bright lights in the UFC, Kimura said of Reyes, whos won his past four on the regional circuit. I had that, the first-fight jitters. It takes a toll on you. But everyone handles it differently. Once he gets in there, its not going to matter. Hes there to fight and so thats all Im thinking about.

This is the UFC. Everyone is tough. Im here to welcome him.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-03-2014 at 11:44 AM.

Thread Information