Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mgr - Anderson Silva not retiring, Weidman would 'feel bad' fighting him again

1. Default Mgr - Anderson Silva not retiring, Weidman would 'feel bad' fighting him again

Report: Anderson Silva Not Retiring, Will Return to UFC According to Manager
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...ing-to-manager

While many, including myself, were calling upon former UFC middleweight champion and likely greatest mixed martial artist of all time Anderson Silva to retire following UFC 168, apparently "The Spider" is looking for one more go in the Octagon.

Generally correct tabloid TMZ reached out to Silva's manager Jorge Guimaraes, who minced no words in discussing the Brazilian's future in the sport.

"Trust me, he will be back," said Guimaraes. "He had his second X-ray [Thursday] and everything looks great. It was a clean break so the nerves are okay. Heís already started physical therapy and heís moving his toes."
    This news, if true, comes as something of a surprise.

Silva, for those who somehow don't remember, badly broke his leg against current middleweight champion Chris Weidman at UFC 168. While throwing leg kicks, Silva went shin-to-knee, which resulted in him snapping his tibia and fibula and left him writhing in agony on the mat. It was an ugly scene that even jaded MMA fans and media were uncomfortable seeing.

In addition to that, he also dropped numerous hints before the fight that he was considering retirement afterward, regardless of the outcome. For him to return at all would have been somewhat surprising, never mind him returning after such a horrific injury.

Even the most bullish Silva fans, however, need to dial back expectations. Recuperating from the injury and the resulting surgery can require up to a year. That doesn't even address the fact that he will likely need to go back under the knife again in 2014, per Dr. Steve Mora's breakdown with Bloody Elbow.

Either way, Silva is reportedly in good spirits. Regardless of whether he chooses to get back into fighting, here's to hoping that he has a speedy recovery.

Chris Weidman: 'I Honestly Would Feel Bad' Fighting Anderson Silva Again
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...on-silva-again

While it hasn't been stated formally, it seems like a forgone conclusion that fight fans won't see a trilogy between living legend Anderson Silva and current UFC middleweight champion Chris Weidman.

Weidman won both encounters at UFC 162 and UFC 168 in decisive fashion, even though some naysayers believe both victories had a fluke feel to it.

Speaking to the Los Angeles Times on Friday, "The All-American" explained that if the 38-year-old Silva does decide to return to the Octagon after recovering from his broken leg, he can't envision fighting him a third time:

Itís a tough injury to come back from. I honestly would feel bad to fight him again. I know heís going to be a little hesitant to kick me. He has to worry about getting knocked out. Iíve dropped him twice, knocked him out once. And I donít know if itíd even be a fair fight to take. There has to be a lot going through his head. Got a leg broken, got knocked out, got dropped. I donít know where he is mentally, but fighting is 90% mental.
    According to the UFC's official pound-for-pound rankings, Weidman is the No. 5 fighter in the world while Silva comes in at No. 7.

The middleweight rankings also still have Silva at No. 1, right ahead of upcoming title challenger Vitor Belfort (whom Silva beat in February 2011). Belfort is expected to fight Weidman for the belt in Las Vegas in May, per ESPN.

Weidman is the only fighter to knock out Silva in 39 professional fights, and is the only competitor to best Silva twice in his 16-and-a-half-year career.

Still, the Serra-Longo Fight Team standout will continue to hear criticism due to the fact that Silva taunted him excessively during their first bout in July and the freakish nature of Silva's broken left shin during the rematch last Saturday.
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

Would love to see Silva make a comeback. Gsp vs as in 2015!

Would like Silva to make a comeback, but really have no interest in another Weidman fight

Silva VS Bisping in London when Anderson comes back!!!
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by the_dark_angel_4ever View Post
    Would like Silva to make a comeback, but really have no interest in another Weidman fight
    Same thing here. I'm glad coming back is still an option for Silva considering how bad his injury looked.

Now that Weidman is the champ the middleweight division looks, way, more intresting.
    Gothic flavor
    how I miss you
    if I only
    once could
    kiss you
    I'd be happy
    for one moment
    of my lifetime
    I'd be there.

Weezer
    Burndt Jam.

Quote Originally Posted by The8thPlague View Post
    Silva VS Bisping in London when Anderson comes back!!!
    I would have absolutely no interest in seeing this fight and I' just don't understand how/why people keep bringing it up. Surely you can't give Bisping any legitimate chance to put up a decent fight against Silva... right???

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    I would have absolutely no interest in seeing this fight and I' just don't understand how/why people keep bringing it up. Surely you can't give Bisping any legitimate chance to put up a decent fight against Silva... right???
    I would like to see this fight, if they have it in England it would be huge. A year ago, I would have had no interest in this fight because we all know Silva would have murdered Bisping. However, now things have changed, Silva has lost two in a row so he must fall back down the ladder in terms of rankings. Plus, we don't know how Silva will be when he comes back. A year is a long time, there might be ring rust, and maybe he'll be a little gun shy with that repaired leg.

I think it would be a good fight if Silva attempts a comeback.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

I've learned from my wrong thinking on other greats, once the downfall happens, there is no coming back.

Weidman would find a way to win.; especially against a broken Silva who won't throw a leg kick at him.

This is why I don't want him to fight again; especially Bisping. Bisping was never in his league; ever. But Bisping might have a chance against a shell of himself Silva; then we would never hear the end of it from those that live in lala land that Bisping could always beat him.

Please retire Anderson. Just like Fedor, you have nothing left to prove.

Quote Originally Posted by Esox Express View Post
    It's because the fight kills two birds with one stone. 1. bisping stops bitching about never fighting Silva and 2. we get to see his ass get knocked out.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

10. Default

There's many big money fights for Silva without going for the title again. Bisping would be a draw $$$ his best chance for a win, but see it as a come back win for Silva.lol.

Thread Information