+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WSOF vs. Bellator on pay-per-view? One promotion lays down a crossover challenge

I'm not interested in paying for something like this at this point. They put on decent cards, but this is a new age. Why would people buy a ppv to see second rate fighters when they can see first rate fighters for free pretty frequently.

They need to keep building the best product they can and keep it on free tv and hope they can be successful. Stacking cards with their best stars and attempting to sell them as Ppvs is a recipe for complete disaster for both companies at this point.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

This card is worse than majority of the UFC ones...the free ones.

It's a damn sight better than that last one.

I'd much rather watch WSOF than Bellashit. If this card did hypothetically happen, I'd be rooting for all of the WSOF guys (with the exception of Eddie)

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

AXS TV Fights: If Bellator won't fight WSoF, we'll step up
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-well-step-up/

Bellator Bjorn Rebney has not responded, but AXS TV Fights CEO Andrew Simon told MMAjunkie Radio that if Bellator doesn't step up, ASX TV Fights would love to.

In fact, Simon has already pitched the idea to WSoF, suggesting that instead of a winner takes it all PPV where the all could be 0, the promotions instead do two league vs. league shows, with three fighters from each, one airing on WSOF’s NBC Sports Network, with the other on AXS TV Fights' AXS TV.

“They said, ‘Oooh, crap,’” said Simon. “They know it, too. It’s not something they would jump at, but we would do it in a second. Everybody likes to puff, but we’ve been doing this for more than a decade. We put more fighters into the UFC than any other organizations. We put more fighters that are in the top 5 of all the weight divisions, from Daniel Cormier to Vitor Belfort to Benson Henderson. They’ve all fought on our network.”

“I have guys from Pedro Munhoz to Holly Holm to Cris ‘Cyborg’. I am very confident our network could put five fighters against all their champions, and we would come out very well in that fight.”

“Our network is where the stars are born. These other guys, they take a lot of our fighters and put them over there (in WSOF), and our guys go back to the UFC."

“We’re grooming the next generation of fighters on AXS TV. All these other organizations are running around about how great they are and challenging each other. I talked to the folks from the World Series, and I told them our fighters across our board can take any of their fighters.”

“It’s very easy to do. The reality is everybody likes to think that the newest promotion should get the most press and that’s the greatest thing of all time, whereas you have promotions like Legacy FC, MFC and RFA making money that are building fighters. Everybody loves a promotion that comes out with a lot of marketing glitz and spends a lot of money. But it’s not a business. You can’t run a business that loses money in perpetuity. So we have built promotions that are built to last, and they’re building the best fighters in the world.

“I was starting to take insult that every other article I read on other websites is, ‘Wow, they have a new deal with this network,’ and they start writing about fighters who were on my network a month ago, and they didn’t want to write about it. Some websites focus, I believe, on who pay them to advertised on their website. That’s just my opinion.”

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    AXS TV Fights: If Bellator won't fight WSoF, we'll step up
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...-well-step-up/
    LMAO now I'm definitely gonna buy. said no one ever.

WSOF’s Ali Abdelaziz responds to AXS TV Fights’ challenge, sets deadline for Bellator
    “Mr. Andrew Simon, he’s a good guy, and I have no problems with him,” Ali Abdelaziz, WSOF’s executive vice president and matchmaker, told MMAjunkie Radio. “If anybody issues a challenge to World Series of Fighting, we will take it. But one of the things I’m going to make sure is that the card is going to make sense.”

Simon recently proposed an AXS TV Fights vs. WSOF card. Unfortunately for the eager TV exec and the regional organizations under the AXS TV Fights banner (including Legacy FC, XFC, RFA and more), Abdelaziz feels they don’t have enough high-level fights to make for an evenly matched co-promoted card.

“It needs to make sense for the fans to watch, for the fans to enjoy,” Abdelaziz said. “I’m not going to bring a guy from XFC to fight a guy like Marlon Moraes. That would be a mismatch. Nobody is going to watch.

“Tell me one guy in XFC who can fight Marlon. Tell me at 205 (pounds) who can fight Anthony Johnson. Tell me anyone who can fight Rousimar Palhares and give him a good match the fans will care about it. It has to make sense.”

Abdelaziz said he isn’t attempting to discredit the competitors under the AXS TV Fights umbrella, but he feels those fighters aren’t ready to compete against staples of recognizable operations like WSOF, UFC and Bellator.

“AXS TV is a big part of MMA,” Abdelaziz said. “Without AXS TV and guys like Ring of Combat and Ring of Fire, it wouldn’t be possible to have UFC, WSOF or even Bellator. These guys are the heart of the sport, and they should be very proud of it – not challenging us.”

With a WSOF vs. AXS TV Fights event unlikely at this point, Abdelaziz continues to hold out hope that Bellator will accept WSOF’s recent challenge for a 10-fight super card on pay-per-view. Despite the fact that officials from the Viacom-owned organization have not responded, Abdelaziz has decided to up the ante with a deadline.

“They have 48 hours to accept the challenge,” Abdelaziz said. “It’s good for the fans, good for the fighters. Let’s do it. You challenged Strikeforce before. They didn’t take it, but we’re willing to take it. We’ll give you a run for your money. We can win this challenge.”

While Abdelaziz has been aggressive in trying to garner a response, he isn’t getting his hopes up and expects the deadline to come and go without an answer.

“I don’t think any of these guys will come on the show because they’re in their shells,” Abdelaziz said. “They’re closing their eyes, and they have blankets over their faces.”

Tyrone Spong threatens to 'sort out' Rampage Jackson, who tells the 'newbie' to STFU
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/18/53...ewbie-stfu-mma

Quinton Jackson ✔ @Rampage4real
    Follow

@Tyrone_spong never said YOU dissed me! But I'll b happy 2 fuck u up if u ever come 2 Bellator,but until then stfu! #newbie
    TyroneSpong @Tyrone_spong

@Rampage4real I didn't disrespect you in anyway, it's what the fans want, but u cuss me again I will sort it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    Tyrone Spong threatens to 'sort out' Rampage Jackson, who tells the 'newbie' to STFU
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/18/53...ewbie-stfu-mma
    Spong would annihilate Energy Drank Jackson

This is exactly what these promotions need. Their biggest names in (fake or real it matters not) fueds.

Bring some of that bullshit drama americans love so much.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information