Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Dominick Cruz withdraws from UFC 169, Vacates title

2. Default

Man I hope Urijah pulls this off.

ABOUT DAMN TIME. Cruz shouldn't have even still had the belt. Faber is more deserving right now imo anyway. Should be a good one.
    A tiger never loses sleep over the opinion of sheep.

Kind of wondered if Cruz would be able to make it into this match.

Faber gets a lot of title shots but he's clearly earned this one and I hope both him and Barao push the pace a little bit more this time around.

Anyone else running under the theory that Cruz is ACTUALLY made of glass?

Seriously though, this sucks. I was honestly hoping Cruz would win this fight and then we could see Cruz vs Faber III. Now I'm hoping Faber can put a stop to Nosferatu and we can still see that fight if/when Cruz returns.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Faber was pretty much dominated the last time he fought Baro. Im sure Cruz is hoping Faber wins so he can maybe get that rubber match against Faber.. Regardless I think if he can stay healthy will be fighting for the title within a year.

My buddy Scott's wife bought him ringside seats to see Cruz fight Barao. Damn that's got to be a let down.

Cruz really needs to do evaluate his situation. Can he actually make it through a camp without getting hurt? I can't imagine his level of disappointment.

Obviously big props to Faber for the short notice step up. I don't really care if he ever gets UFC gold, that man is exciting to watch.
    You have to know what you don't know.

no one wants to see an athlete injured, I hope Cruz can get healthy, there are interesting fights for him, and I'm sure his bank account would like it too, that is some crazy bad luck he has had.

but gotta respect Faber for stepping up on short notice for a very exciting fight, the new coaching in Faber's camp has paid off and I think it will be a different fight than the first (not necessarily a different outcome but a different fight). people were already saying Faber should never get another title fight because of his record in the big fights so if he loses this one that argument would be even more strong, its a big risk for him on 3 weeks, I hope it pays off.

One of the things I never considered is that Barao and Aldo, who are training partners, are on the same card, meaning they will be in camp at the same time and peak at the same time. How often is that your training partner is more of a killer than your opponent at a championship level? These two should be really sharp that night.

Those are some pretty good odds for Faber considering the first fight was pretty close. This fight could really go either way

Thread Information