Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brandao admits to stabbing threat, says Poirier was scared

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    coming in 8 pounds over is worse than the threat. just saying.
    Nah it's not really both are really unprofessional, but he made the comments after he knew he was going to come in overweight which makes them worse because at that point he should have been apologetic for the weight issues and not looking to stab anyone.

The guy is a thug, plain and simple. Trash talk is one thing but threatening someone like that isn't just unprofessional, it's illegal. He should be cut. God knows better fighters have been cut for less.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Nah it's not really both are really unprofessional, but he made the comments after he knew he was going to come in overweight which makes them worse because at that point he should have been apologetic for the weight issues and not looking to stab anyone.
    i sum up the "im going to stab you" as a "Im going to kill you" type comment. Not to be taken as a real threat (especially in the fight game when hear guys say they want you to die in the cage *cough BJ cough*). 8 pounds over on the other hand is not acceptable. If there is say an injury that happens 2-3 weeks out and you have the slightest idea you wont make weight you should be pulling out of the fight. 8 pounds over would be you signing your own pink slip if i was controlling the UFC.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    i sum up the "im going to stab you" as a "Im going to kill you" type comment. Not to be taken as a real threat (especially in the fight game when hear guys say they want you to die in the cage *cough BJ cough*). 8 pounds over on the other hand is not acceptable. If there is say an injury that happens 2-3 weeks out and you have the slightest idea you wont make weight you should be pulling out of the fight. 8 pounds over would be you signing your own pink slip if i was controlling the UFC.
    I fully agree 8 pounds over is not acceptable and should be dealt with which it was by the loss of income.. I'm personally not a fan of weight cutting at all so I'm inclined to give a guy leeway on one screw up even a bad one like this should he do it again then yes I can see a pink slip. There are a lot of variables with weight cutting that can come in to play besides outside discipline and as we've seen recently risking your health to make weight is a poor choice.

A weight cut can be influenced by a lot of factors some within your control some not... Acting like a thug is something he can control entirely.

Thread Information