Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Predictions: 2014

HW - Cain's reign of terror over the weight class will continue. JDS will be the Chuck Liddell to his Tito Ortiz and wipe out most contenders setting up another rematch in 2015. Reem retires Mir. Rumors of Lesnar and Fedor to UFC will persist.

LHW - Jones finishes Tex and squeaks by Goose again setting up a 2015 defense against Cormier.

MW - Weidman beats Belfort, loses title to Machida. Jacare vs Machida in 2015. Silva returns in December and decapitates Bisping. Both retire.

WW - Hendricks wins title, then loses split decision to Condit setting up a 2015 rematch, Rory will be #1 contender. GSP return rumors heat up late in the year.

LW - Pettis continues to defend the title setting up an Aldo showdown late in 2014 or early 2015. Diego Sanchez will remain the most entertaining fighter in the game. He might even win a couple times.

FW - Aldo keeps the title, Edgar jabs BJ Penn back into retirement.

BW - Barao keeps that title for a while. Faber loses a close decision, wins another fight and is set up for another title shot in 2015. Cruz will return late in the year only to have a fight scrapped due to injury.

Fly - I will continue not to give a shit about these gnats.

Bitches - Rousey keeps up the heel role and keeps winning. Somebody will complain that I referred to the women's fighters at bitches.

Little Bitches - new weight class will have hotter women than the bigger bitches class.

HW- Cain will beat werdum then lose to Browne.
    LHW- bones smokes tex then loses to goose setting up a trilogy fight by the end of 2014 or early 2015.
    MW- weidman retains. Anderson smashes bisping then retires.
    WW- Hendricks becomes champ and stays that way. Gsp announces 2015 return for title shot against Johny.
    LW- Pettis fights once retains and then is promptly injured again. Henderson beats all comers and becomes the interim champ setting up a 2015 re rematch with Pettis.
    FW- Aldo retains then announces his intent to fight for the LW belt in 2015.
    BW- Faber beats barao in close split decision. Trilogy fight by December that Faber wins.
    FlyW- Mighty Mouse remains unstoppable.
    Women- rousey barely beats two more challengers then starts talking retirement. Dana convinces her otherwise then she loses belt looking like she doesn't care anymore then retires by 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by zana1126 View Post
    I prefer to watch my grandmother fucking.
    Whatever floats your boat man...

Quote Originally Posted by kalebarker View Post
    Dana White will make a promise and not honour it.
    One of the Nogueira brothers will pull out of a fight.
    Atleast one champ will lose their title.
    Alteast one title fight be cancelled due to injury.
    A member of the gracie family will retire from MMA.
    A member of the Gracie family will start competing in MMA.
    Both Diego and Nate Diaz will atleast one post fight bonus.
    Dana White will lose more of his hair.
    MMA Forum members will turn on a currently well liked fighter for an irrational reason.
    Vitor Belfort will thank Jesus in a post fight interview.
    A fighter will receive a title shot over a more deserving fighter because he is the more popular fighter.
    Who ever predicted 90% of the predictions in the thread will be wrong is going to turn out to be a false prediction.
    What if 88 percent of the predictions are wrong, but if my prediction is wrong then that would make 90 percent? Was I right or wrong? Mind=Blown
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Anderson Silva returns and dominates Bisping causing people to claim he is back. Silva then goes on to lose to Wiedman in a non title Rematch that isnt even close

Lyoto vs Rashad for the MW title at the year end card

Jones learning from his mistakes finishes Goose

Travis Brown shocks the world by upsetting Cain in a title match which saw Brown as a replacement for Werdum who had beaten Brown earlier in the year. It is revealed afterwards that Cain was injured / sick during the fight. Brown agrees to a rematch for the next year at the Superbowel PPV

Rumors will surround UFC 200 concerning Fedor being there and signing with the UFC. The UFC will send out a press release saying there will be a special can't miss announcement at UFC 200. Dana will suddenly talk around all Fedor questions. The announcement will be about a secondary regional belting system for China and other countries to the east. This belt will work as a stepping stone to the UFC title. The causal fans will thing its a great idea, the hardcore fans, knowing it wasn't a Fedor announcement will still be disappointed.

GSP super fight rumors will grow heading into the end of the year card...GSP will stay retired, but B.J Penn will call him out anyway

Jon Jones will announce his plans to test the heavy weight waters

Hendricks loses to Lawler in the first shocker of the year. Condit becomes champ goes on dominating run. Calls out GSP, BJ Penn answers saying they never fought as intended. TUF coaching assignments for both.

Fabers gets another title shot (oh wait that has already happened this year)

In a move to try and bury Bellator the UFC creates a second TUF and models it after Season 4 giving them a free tournament style competition that results in a title shot for some old fan favorite. The casual fans jizz while the hardcore fans cry. Dana smiles all the way to the bank

Due to the lack of "star power" and waning PPV numbers, ZUFFA will finally sign Fedor and immediately hotshot a Cain/Fedor main event for a major Mexico show.

Carlos Condit's TDD will be the deciding factor in who will be WW champion be end of 2014.

Rampage loses to Paul Buentello on some Bellator card mid-year.

The referee of Mir/Overeem will test positive for elevated levels of testosterone due to second hand consumption.

Vitor Belfort will still carry a major asterisk beside his name.

Rousey will fight Cyborg at a 140 CW around the end of the year after losing her title and rematch to Sara McMann, thus forcing UFC's hand to promote a meaningful bout for her outside of a title match.

Travis Browne will do serious damage to an opponent with elbows against the cage which look highly suspect to the back of the head, leading to an NC or DQ in a MAJOR fight, possibly against Cain.

Mousasi/Machida will be an early FOTY candidate.

Michael Bisping will lost to the next top 10 contender he faces.

UFC will make a major money offer for Mamed Khalidov, setting up a FOTY candidate in Jacare/Khalidov

Eddie Alvarez will be UFC LW champion by Jan.1, 2015.

Bellator will take another run at PPV with Frank/Ken as a co-headliner.

Kim Winslow will not deduct points when they should be, but will stand up fighters at ridiculously unreasonable points in the fight on the ground.

Jon Jones will still lack substantial charisma.

Nick Diaz will complain and Nate Diaz will mumble.

Nate Diaz will complain and Nick Diaz will mumble.

Frankie Edgar/Uriah Faber will be a FOTY candidate.

Heavyweight-

Travis Browne will lose his next two fights to Werdum and Mark Hunt and be out of the title picture completely. Silva vs Big Foot II happens as co main event of late December card. Cain loses to Werdum because he is rusty as hell and the UFC sets up a desperation Werdum Fedor rematch for next year.

Light Heavyweight-

Jones will say soemthing stupid more than once. The casuals will talk abotu how much they love him yet still don't buy a ppv he is on. Manuwa vs Goose is way closer than many expect. FOTY candidate. Goose wins his rematch with Jones. Shogun enters the title picture but doesn't get a shot.

Middleweight-

Chris Weidman continues to dominate. Haters continue to hate making him the modern day Fedor in the sense that they hardcores will love and respect him while the fanboys cry and bitch. Only Vitor and Jacare get title shots. Machida and Evans don't until 2015. Sonnen returns does well. Sonnen gets knocked out for the first time in his career in a pointless fight against Machida that he talks himself into.

Welterweigtht-

GSP doesn't come back. Hendricks beats Lawler easily and then beats Condit again in the same fashion he did the first time. Diaz gets booked for a fight then backs out for a stupid reason. Dana vows he will never fight again. Rory wins the belt at the end of the year and fights Askren next year in a surprsingly high interest fight as Askren becomes the MMA's new villan.

Lightweight-

Pettis will have 3 spectacular fights, proves to be more of a draw than expected. Alvarez will get an immediate title shot regardless of the title picture when he signs. Cerrone vs Sanchez will main event a fight night card. Gil won't get a shot at Pettis because Alvarez and Aldo will jump him as the UFC will be desperate for a big end of the year show thus booking Pettis vs Aldo. Kalibov becomes a serious contender but doesn't get a title shot for a while. Henderson becomes the Urijah Faber of the divsion.

Featherweight

Aldo beats Lamas but is better than people expected. Wins rematch with Mendes. Goes to fight Pettis in a champ vs champ match to end the year. Swanson vs Porier is FOTY candidate(Porier wins) Zombie looks like shit when he returns then retires. Daniel Straus joins the UFC and Elkins then Edgar. Edgar also fights Faber.

Bantamweight

Faber contiues to be always the brides maid never the bride. Fights Edgar. Barao remians champ beats Cruz convincingly upon his return. The UFC then tries and fails to make barao a major draw. Sergio Pettis does not become relevant.

Flyweight

Johnson beats everyone.

Women's

Woman Straweight TUF is a ratings disaster. Rousey quits Carmouche becomes champ. Dana refuses to fold divsion as he can't admit he made a mistake.

Other news

UFC has worst ppv numbers to date. Fight Pass does very well considering the loss of interest amongst casuals. UFC ups the price for fight pass but adds much more live events to the schedule.

WSOF folds. Bellator doesn't struggles mightily.

UFC adds Men's Strawweight divsion. Everyone hates it.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post

Middleweight-

Chris Weidman continues to dominate. Haters continue to hate making him the modern day Fedor in the sense that they hardcores will love and respect him while the fanboys cry and bitch. Only Vitor and Jacare get title shots. Machida and Evans don't until 2015. Sonnen returns does well. Sonnen gets knocked out for the first time in his career in a pointless fight against Machida that he talks himself into.

Welterweigtht-
    Seriously?? Sorry but you have been all over Wiedmans nuts. You even said this was because he was from your hometown. Only a fanboy would ever consider comparing Wiedman at this point in time to Fedor.......

I'm not a fan, I think he is too cocky for his own good, but I give him all the created for beating Silva...but to compare him in ANY way to Fedor while calling those who don't care for him fanboys?????

Two more predictions:

A male fighter gets cut for calling all women MMA fighters "a bunch of stuck up cunts" before it's revealed he unsuccessfully tried to court/roofie one.

Jake Shields wins a title eliminator at the end of the year and gets a shot in March/April 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post
    Seriously?? Sorry but you have been all over Wiedmans nuts. You even said this was because he was from your hometown. Only a fanboy would ever consider comparing Wiedman at this point in time to Fedor.......
    Easy there kiddo. He wasn't saying Weidman is as good as Fedor. Just comparing the reactions they get from fans. Easy boy, easy...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Quote Originally Posted by The Return Of...... View Post

I'm not a fan, I think he is too cocky for his own good, but I give him all the created for beating Silva...but to compare him in ANY way to Fedor while calling those who don't care for him fanboys?????
    I assume reading comprehension was not your best subject in school. I was talking about fan reaction and ppv drawing power. And I was talking about how Silva fanboys will pay to watch him lose. It is kind of dumb on your part that I have to explain exactly what I just said in order for you to understand.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 01-11-2014 at 12:54 PM.

Thread Information