Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabricio Werdum vs. Travis Browne targeted for main event spot in March

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Still not sold on Browne, haven't seen enough of the overall game and wasn't impressed by his performances against Overeem and Bigfoot and IMO feel as though there's a gameplan out there to beat Browne and that some guys just don't have enough time to employ it(I think Gonzaga would've gotten him down and tapped/TKO'd him had he not gotten smashed by some incredibly suspect elbows).

Browne may be the "better athlete" here, but I still believe Werdum's BJJ is so great and his striking is capable enough and thoughtful enough not to get sloppy, while I believe that Browne isn't tremendously polished enough... I'm thinking Werdum gets a sub victory.
    I think the plan to beat Browne is to not try for a double leg with Browne's back against the cage.

Werdum is taking a limb home with him.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Like this fight but I want a double ko lol.

Browne probably takes this in the first 2 rounds. Werdum will probably just look for takedowns or clinch to pull guard and that's not gonna end well.

Travis Browne’s UFC heavyweight title eliminator hinges on new contract
    The UFC is reportedly planning a heavyweight title eliminator for this spring, but before that happens, one of the contenders has to sign a new contract.

Travis Browne (15-1-1 MMA, 6-1-1 UFC), who beat Josh Barnett to earn a No. 1 contender bout, is currently negotiating a new deal with the promotion so he can fight Fabricio Werdum (17-5-1 MMA, 5-2 UFC), his manager today told MMAjunkie.

“There’s no deal done between the UFC and Travis Browne right now, but all the talks that have been had up to this point indicate that we will be getting something done in the very near future, and they’ve always been fair with Travis,” said John Fosco of VFD Marketing, who’s represented the fighter since 2010.

Browne knocked out Barnett with vicious elbows at this past month’s UFC 168 event. Prior to the bout, the UFC confirmed that the winner would fight Werdum, who previously was designated the No. 1 contender before champion Cain Velasquez (13-1 MMA, 11-1 UFC) was benched with a shoulder injury.

Werdum today told MMAFighting.com that the title eliminator would be a five-round headliner and is targeted for March, so time is of the essence for the Browne camp.

“The UFC would like the deal done yesterday,” said Fosco, who added Browne “wants to be a UFC champion” when asked whether he was free to entertain offers from other promotions.

Werdum said he has trained with Browne and implied the knockout artist would struggle if they hit the ground.

Thread Information