+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Daniel Cormier on why Rashad Evans is a tougher fight than Jon Jones

Even though this has the potential to be a snooze fest, I think this will be a great fight and very competitive.

Am I the only one who thinks DC is going to steamroll right over rashad? This is a nightmare matchup, DC is a better wrestler who has fast hands and knock out power.

I Agree if he doesnt steam roll he outpoints him easily. Rashads striking is not that great. Was just watching the the Thiago silva fight and when rashad stands he gets beat up. And does Rashad really think his wrestling is better?? DC wins this in every area

Cormier is neglecting that jones' reach combined with speed will be a huge problem for him. Yeah long limbs can make for easier takedowns, however Jones would be far and away the fastest fighter he has ever faced on top of his freskish reach

This to me sounds more like Cormier trying to take a shot at Jones then actually saying Rashad is more dangerous.

Yes Rashad has shorter legs but he's also give up a size and strength advantage that Jones won't be so they kind of cancel each other out. I doubt Jones will go into a fight Cormier with the gameplan of throwing as many kicks as he does in other fights he''ll throw a lot less kicks same as he did when he fought Rashad.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    This to me sounds more like Cormier trying to take a shot at Jones then actually saying Rashad is more dangerous.

Yes Rashad has shorter legs but he's also give up a size and strength advantage that Jones won't be so they kind of cancel each other out. I doubt Jones will go into a fight Cormier with the gameplan of throwing as many kicks as he does in other fights he''ll throw a lot less kicks same as he did when he fought Rashad.
    Jones mashes the control pad. He has the ability to do so.

His first several attacks wil be front kick x two, spinning elbow, takedown... Elbows.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Quote Originally Posted by RearNakedStroke View Post
    Jones mashes the control pad. He has the ability to do so.

His first several attacks wil be front kick x two, spinning elbow, takedown... Elbows.
    Exactly what I've said before. He's a ufc undisputed 3 spammer lol.

Quote Originally Posted by lwbrewer View Post
    Elbows might change DC's thoughts if he gets the chance, but theres logic to his thoughts.

Nobody trains UFC it's MMA the UFC is a company not a art.
    Did you really take "train UFC" literally?
    "I'll throw you in that armbar with a quickness/ either you're with me, or bitch you're on the shit list" - Action Bronson

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Cormier is neglecting that jones' reach combined with speed will be a huge problem for him. Yeah long limbs can make for easier takedowns, however Jones would be far and away the fastest fighter he has ever faced on top of his freskish reach
    I'd say rashad is faster than Jones. Jones does have a lot more reach though.

Quote Originally Posted by optimusjoel View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks DC is going to steamroll right over rashad? This is a nightmare matchup, DC is a better wrestler who has fast hands and knock out power.
    Maybe, but Rashad will probably be the first fighter that's faster than DC. Cormier won't be be able to run circles around him and KO him like he did to Bigfoot. Rashad is a much tougher test.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information