Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Daniel Cormier on why Rashad Evans is a tougher fight than Jon Jones

Its nice DC says all this stuff about Jones... but I first want to see DC's big ass at 205 and see how he does against Rashad. Im also hoping this fight goes into the 3rd so we can see how fit DC is for 205.
    Favorite Fights: Jonny Bones Jones, Wandy, Hendo, Cain, Matt Hughes, Melvin.

Most disliked fighters: Michael Bisping, Spankie Edgar, Alistair Overeem, Anderson Silva, Tim Sylvia, Chuck Liddell

I completely agree with everything Cormier says about Jones. There are a lot of big if's coming up soon:

If Dan gets past Evans
    and
    If Goose doesn't look good or loses to Manuwa
    and
    if Cormier then gets the next LHW title shot we'll see. But Jon doesn't have KO power, so if all that happens, Dan needs to focus on closing that distance and getting hold of him.

But if Goose looks good beating Jimi, he should get the next title shot, regardless of the outcome of Cormier/Evans, in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by earle View Post
    Maybe, but Rashad will probably be the first fighter that's faster than DC. Cormier won't be be able to run circles around him and KO him like he did to Bigfoot. Rashad is a much tougher test.
    I'm glad Rashad looked sharp against sonnen, it gives me a lot more hope this won't be a squash match. If he showed up like he did against Henderson, I think Cormier rolls right over him...so I hope he won't.

I'd like this to go into the third and tell us a bit about how 2014 can look for both fighters.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Rashad is faster than Jones, has ko power (Jones doesn't).

All this "he's just taking a shot Jones" shit is retarded. Take your tinfoil hats off. He doesn't like Jones or whatever but he's just making an assessment on how feels they match up.

Jones doesn't use combos. Has no ko power. His biggest advantage in this fight is his length and ability to stay away from ppl with T Rex arms like Cormier (71" I think? ).

The fact that Rashad is so much faster than Cormier is what I think will be a big test for Cormier coming from a division where he's always been the fastest guy in his fights.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    Rashad is faster than Jones, has ko power (Jones doesn't).

All this "he's just taking a shot Jones" shit is retarded. Take your tinfoil hats off. He doesn't like Jones or whatever but he's just making an assessment on how feels they match up.

Jones doesn't use combos. Has no ko power. His biggest advantage in this fight is his length and ability to stay away from ppl with T Rex arms like Cormier (71" I think? ).

The fact that Rashad is so much faster than Cormier is what I think will be a big test for Cormier coming from a division where he's always been the fastest guy in his fights.
    Yes but I was referring to the combination of length and speed. JOnes is faster than any of the heavyweights Cormier has fought.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information