Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: 'If I'm paying $60 to watch women fight, they should at least be topless'

It's a shame if that's all he said but no one ever expected him to be a sensitive guy.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Classic moron, not really much to say here. Went from being hoping Matt Brown gets a title shot for the lulz to hoping he loses so he can slide in to irrelevance pretty quickly.

what an idiot. i'm probably in the minority here, but I always tend to root against him whenever he fights. hope he loses his next fight.

Im sorry because they told me to say sorry. That counts right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Trojan Fight Club View Post
    well now I've seen War Machine's dick. fantastic.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Ill go against the grain.
    Werdum via triangle
    Someone needs to cheer for those poor souls.

But he didn't even say sorry at all.

He said he knows what he's supposed to do and that his words have an effect.

He didn't even acknowledge that he needs to do better.

GOD I wish Condit would have wiped the mat with him. Brown would have been a bloody-battered mess.

Ugh. I have been such a fan of brown over the years but this flies in the face of everything I love about mma. It's not about who can knock who out. It's about skill. I think it's time I changed my sig.

move one's bowels to a chicken coop. Kill chickens and pick up feathers. They blow the whistle on for 10 ea on forums. Also bury the bones you find.

We'll see how "beloved" women's mma is when Rousey gets beat by an unattractive chick, and her first (non Sonnen vs a grizzly bear in the co-main event) ppv only has 14 buys.
    USA! USA! USA!

Somewhere, someone is drafting a fight card for topless womens MMA

9. 01-10-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    But he didn't even say sorry at all.

He said he knows what he's supposed to do and that his words have an effect.

He didn't even acknowledge that he needs to do better.

GOD I wish Condit would have wiped the mat with him. Brown would have been a bloody-battered mess.
    Would a forced and completely ungenuine apology really serve to make ammends anyways? I always find those completely meaningless and unnecessary.

I now know that Matt Brown is an ignorant misogynyst, nothing he says or does in the next few days is going to change that. I suppose I'm not one of the female fighters in the UFC and elsewhere that would truly be affected by those comments, but I believe I would feel the same way even if I was one.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    We'll see how "beloved" women's mma is when Rousey gets beat by an unattractive chick, and her first (non Sonnen vs a grizzly bear in the co-main event) ppv only has 14 buys.
    If it turns out that there are not enough people entertained by WMMA for it to have a permanent place in the UFC, so be it. I'm not even sure where I stand on it as a fan and consumer. For me that's not an excuse for Matt Brown to be so reductive when it comes to FELLOW atheletes who are working just as hard as him and deserve respect, if not continued viewership.
    Last edited by SWIFTboy; 01-10-2014 at 09:38 AM.

I didn't ask for an apology.

I'm correcting the misrepresentation of what has happened here.

People need to stop saying he's apologized in any way.

Moreover, would it be "forced" for him to say that he was sorry the statement offended some hard-working people and cast the sport/UFC in a bad light? I wouldn't think so but I have no idea what level of "remorse" he feels.

Thread Information