Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: 'If I'm paying $60 to watch women fight, they should at least be topless'

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleJack View Post
    I wouldn't think so but I have no idea what level of "remorse" he feels.
    Somewhere between "none" and "zero"
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

UFC releases statement on Matt Brown's comments
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...owns-comments/
    Earlier today UFC welterweight Matt Brown made some comments that were, at the least bit, unsavory toward's women in MMA. Today the UFC made an official statement on his words, issuing an official apology:

“Matt Brown has apologized for the comments made on his podcast, and we have addressed the matter with him. His comments don’t reflect the views of the UFC. There’s no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. The UFC is built on principles of respect, and any statements to the contrary are not acceptable.”

Matt Brown issues apology for topless female fighter comments, will be more 'aware of words and actions' in future
    Those comments went viral, compelling Brown to have the podcast pulled from Soundcloud shortly after story began to make the rounds. Later in the evening, Fox Sports shared a statement from UFC's public relations team that distanced the organization from the remarks:

"Matt Brown has apologized for the comments made on his podcast, and we have addressed the matter with him. His comments don't reflect the views of the UFC. There's no place for discrimination within our organization at any level. The UFC is built on principles of respect, and any statements to the contrary are not acceptable."

Shortly thereafter, Brown issued his own apology on the heels of UFC's statement:

"I have spoken with the UFC about the UFC Fighter Conduct Policy and what is required and expected of me as a professional athlete under the terms of my promotion agreement. The UFC has a policy of inclusion and respect for all people and I understand the importance of being more aware of my actions and words."

Twitter reacts to Matt Brown podcast
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...Brown-podcast/

Ray Sefo
    If it's true, I think it's disgusting. I think every person should respect female fighters, because they do bring the fire. They're all talented. It really gets to me when people start saying stupid s–- like that.

--

Barb Honchak @BarbHonchak
    Let's all get naked!

--

Tom Kong Watson @TomKongWatson
    keep them clothed

--

McMann McMann
    I want to make it absolutely clear ... I do not care if somebody wants to be a fan or not. Don't pay $60 then. Nobody's taking their top off. I don't even know him. Why would I give a crap what he thinks about my fight? You know what, Matt Brown fight in a Speedo.

--

Bec Rowdy Hyatt @RowdyBec
    WOW what a freaking knobjob @IamTheImmortal is..

--

Alida Gray,
    We're fighters, and we're athletes, and just like any other sport, we work hard for what we do. He's entitled to his own opinion, but we're going to put on a fight, and he's welcome to tune in if he wants.

--

Shannon Knapp @shanknapp
    everyone is entitled 2 their own opinion. I don't argue opinions, I believe in working to prove them wrong.

--

And for the record, Matt Brown was factually incorrect.

Fightnomics Reed @Fightnomics
    For those asking, Women's Bantamweights finished 6 of 16 fights in 2013 by TKO in the #UFC. That 38% rate was higher than 5 men's divisions.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-10-2014 at 04:46 AM.

3. Default

Deja Vu.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

UFC 170′s Sarah McMann Fires Back, Tells Brown To Fight In His Speedo
    I want to make it absolutely clear … I do not care if somebody wants to be a fan or not. Don’t pay $60 then. Nobody’s taking their top off. I don’t even know him. Why would I give a crap what he thinks about my fight? You know what, Matt Brown, fight in a Speedo.”

Mad love for McMann, she's awesome.

Couldn't care less what Matt Brown thinks about women's MMA, nor will his opinion about it change my opinion about him. But he did shoot himself in the leg with his comments and I would have loved to hear the call he got from Dana.

I'm not a huge fan of women's MMA myself either, because I don't think they are yet as skillful and entertaining as the most of the fighters in men's MMA. But I do respect how hard they train etc. With the exposure and the money UFC is giving women's MMA, someday in the near future I think women's MMA will be lot more competetive than it is right now.

At least women's MMA doesn't look as horrible as women playing ice-hockey
    Favourite fighters: Mark Hunt, Tom Niinimäki and Anton Kuivanen

I do not find the majority of women's mma to be very entertaining (some yes, but majority no), but I really wish he had not used misogynistic language in describing his feelings. The majority of the women might not be able to knock the fuck out of each other like I couple of 265lb guys, but they have no less skill than the shows Clay Guida has put on for us over the years.

Matt who? Ronda Rousey responds to Brown's breast blooper
    http://www.mmamania.com/2014/1/10/52...nn-topless-mma
    UFC Women's Bantamweight Champion Ronda Rousey, who asked Bloody Elbow for further clarification.

"Wait.... Who's Matt Brown?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

^^ off topic but im so fucking pumped for the entourage movie!!!

Thread Information