Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: 'If I'm paying $60 to watch women fight, they should at least be topless'

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Your argument is that they have it in Boxing? Would you want your daughter, sister or mother to be doing that job?
    Would it really be his place to judge any of them for the job they've taken ? instead of being supporting ?

And are you honestly saying you don't look at photo, commercial or video featuring an attractive woman?

What I want to know is how ring girls are at relevant to what Matt Brown said and or female fighters being in the UFC.

Not saying that at all. Just saying that everyone is hammering on Brown for his comments when 5 feet away from the ring you have hot girls in bikinis that are there for the same basic male desires.

Oh Matt Brown is evil for saying that he doesn't enjoy female MMA and would need to basically sexualize it to more to make him watch it ... when the UFC is already trying to use sex to add to the attraction of the event with Ring girls and attractive MMA fighters. If Ronda Rousey looked like Sarah Cauffman, we would still not have females in the UFC.

... "instead of being supporting" I guess I should hug a striper after their lap dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Would it really be his place to judge any of them for the job they've taken ? instead of being supporting ?

And are you honestly saying you don't look at photo, commercial or video featuring an attractive woman?

Are ring girls any different than cheerleaders in football? Our society seems to objectify women in the same breath as a discussion about whats for breakfast. Maybe that doesnt really convey my point, but to me it seems as the majority of the world is perfectly ok with what they do (minus the pentecostals and islamics). If they werent, we wouldnt start little girls cheerleading as soon as they are able to walk. No, little kids being cheerleaders isnt the same as surgically enhanced ring girls, but its just two extremes along the same line. Mcdonalds drive thru workers arent professional chefs, but they are food service industry employees. Society as a whole lives in a "grey area" of whats acceptable and what isnt. Sodom and gomorrah, meet idiocracy. Two extremes along the same line.

In my most humblest of opinions, the Matt Brown comment and comparing ring card girls isn't exactly the same. While they both are going to be sexualized, the women fighters are not signing up specifically for that reason, where as the ring card girls are. I'm sure that if Matt Brown wanted to he could find a website with topless, or naked, women's MMA, but I think he could have shown his fellow UFC employees a bit more respect. But he's absolutely entitled to his opinion, speaking his mind, making attempts at crude humor and all, some people will be rubbed the wrong way and some won't.
    You have to know what you don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by VimyRidge View Post
    Not saying that at all. Just saying that everyone is hammering on Brown for his comments when 5 feet away from the ring you have hot girls in bikinis that are there for the same basic male desires.
    Thing is they are offering to complete different things to the viewing audience. To

Oh Matt Brown is evil for saying that he doesn't enjoy female MMA and would need to basically sexualize it to more to make him watch it ... when the UFC is already trying to use sex to add to the attraction of the event with Ring girls and attractive MMA fighters. If Ronda Rousey looked like Sarah Cauffman, we would still not have females in the UFC.
    I'm personally not thinking Brown is evil or anything, but while I'm not a fan of WMMA in it's current state I do see his comments as being somewhat disrespectful to the efforts woman are making in the ring. Just because Dana's a hypoctite that doesn't excuse Brown for the things he says

... "instead of being supporting" I guess I should hug a striper after their lap dance.
    You don;t think a stripper needs a hug once in a while ?

No, I think they are pretty similar to cheerleaders. I have always thought cheerleaders a little odd as well. I have never understood why parents in the US encourage their daughters to be cheerleaders. Don't think we really have the same cheerleader "culture" in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by durtyhipy View Post
    Are ring girls any different than cheerleaders in football? Our society seems to objectify women in the same breath as a discussion about whats for breakfast. Maybe that doesnt really convey my point, but to me it seems as the majority of the world is perfectly ok with what they do (minus the pentecostals and islamics). If they weren't, we wouldnt start little girls cheerleading as soon as they are able to walk. No, little kids being cheerleaders isnt the same as surgically enhanced ring girls, but its just two extremes along the same line. Mcdonalds drive thru workers arent professional chefs, but they are food service industry employees. Society as a whole lives in a "grey area" of whats acceptable and what isnt. Sodom and gomorrah, meet idiocracy. Two extremes along the same line.

Since you guys are so worried about being respectful to the female MMA fighters, for full equality, why not have "Ring Boys" when the girls are fighting? They can walk around in their little G-string speedos (would keep SimpleJack happy as well )

I like female MMA, just not sure why we need ring girls (or cheerleaders at football games).

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    In my most humblest of opinions, the Matt Brown comment and comparing ring card girls isn't exactly the same. While they both are going to be sexualized, the women fighters are not signing up specifically for that reason, where as the ring card girls are. I'm sure that if Matt Brown wanted to he could find a website with topless, or naked, women's MMA, but I think he could have shown his fellow UFC employees a bit more respect. But he's absolutely entitled to his opinion, speaking his mind, making attempts at crude humor and all, some people will be rubbed the wrong way and some won't.

So the guy bitching about hot chicks at fights implies that I would like ring boys....ironic?
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

Thread Information