Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: 'If I'm paying $60 to watch women fight, they should at least be topless'

Brown's always bordered on crackpotdom, but this feels like a simple "think before you speak" situation, still, I really hate this kind of misogynistic bullshit.

Considering ZUFFA sends out info on the "10 Do's and 500 Don'ts" of PR and media comments, blogs, podcasts and tweets to fighters, this isn't like Brown can claim ignorance if he were to get heat over this, especially considering the heat that Mitrione and Torres got from their remarks, along with a bevy of others.

The most costly comment like this I've seen was last summer, when the Briscoes from ROH were about to be signed to a great deal with WWE, then Jay Briscoe tweeted something harsh about killing teachers who say gay marriage is OK and WWE(a publicly traded company) wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole regardless of their talents. Those guys lost out on BANK because of one tweet and in hindsight, 140 characters and a possible offhand remark(however ill-advised) wound up completely kiboshing the biggest break of their careers.

When it comes to sponsors and mainstream PR, these companies treat even the most minor stuff with severity, so it is always best to air on the side of caution.

He expressed his opinion, he doesn't have to want to watch women fight.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    As is his right. Just like the UFC has the right to shitcan him or put him on the prelims after his dumb ass remarks.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Freedom of speech is not freedom from consequences.

well it might sell the fight better if they were top less he has a right to spew his thoughts just as we have the right not to listen to his podcast.
    i dont see a need for him to say sorry to anyone

Quote Originally Posted by mma #1 fan View Post
    well it might sell the fight better if they were top less he has a right to spew his thoughts just as we have the right not to listen to his podcast.
    i dont see a need for him to say sorry to anyone
    Go to work tomorrow and tell anyone who will listen that all the female workers should come to work topless. And if anybody gives you shit, refuse to apologize. See how that works,
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

annnnnnnnnd hes cut.

Well, here I go.....(wasn't going to)

I'm not a PC guy; far from it. However, I am offended as an MMA fan in hearing shit like this.

First off, NO you do not respect what they do because you stated they should be topless if they are fighting on PPV.

Second, there is more to MMA than simply playing rock 'em sock 'em robots. I'm sorry that you're not a very good grappler.

Third, the 125lb division has plenty of art, strategy, and knockouts.

Fourth, I don't know ANY women who flock around the TV for the Kardashians.

Fifth, tapping the women's viewer market is HUGE and if you don't understand that, well...I already realize you don't understand that Mr. Brown.

Sixth, that tattoo is horrible.

Seventh, these are professionals attempting to make a living. Your disparagement from a position of at least "some" sort of authority only serves to hurt them with certain folks who may have been on the fence. That's inexcusable in my book. I don't care if you approve of or enjoy the fights, I would hope AT MINIMUM you would appreciate that they're working their asses (clothed ones) off to provide for themselves and their family.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

His punishment will be a bottomless sparring match with Fallon Fox.

Titties would be flopping everywhere.

All we would need is the camera man to start yelling out Worldstar!, Worldstar Hiphop, What!,

Thread Information