Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Matt Brown: 'If I'm paying $60 to watch women fight, they should at least be topless'

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    So Brown can shit talk and every ones *we lov u we lov u*

Ronda shit talks *stupid bitch STFU*
    I think that Brown is entitled to his opinion and that Ronda is cocky and annoying.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

The vast majority of this thread is criticizing Brown and his statements. Where do you get everyone's "we love you we love you"?
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Holy shit where have you been? You gonna be on the boards more often or pulling a Mac and posting like once a month? lol
    I'm always lurking Rivet is my personal post assistant. He does the heavy lifting for me

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I think that Brown is entitled to his opinion and that Ronda is cocky and annoying.
    That's cool, at least you're up front about your bias. I don't love Ronda but she literally said nothing wrong here.

The majority of people here criticized Brown for his comments. Calm down.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Quote Originally Posted by Twist of Lemon View Post
    That's cool, at least you're up front about your bias. I don't love Ronda but she literally said nothing wrong here.
    Look at what all of the other women fighters said. They all basically ok he can think what he wants I'm gonna do my thing anyway. Ronda on the other hand has to go and make a wise ass remark. She just pisses me off.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    Sorry but you can not compare any men's division with women's.

WMMA is still extremely weak. The undisputed champion is someone that has only the armbar as the main weapon. All the time she uses the same strategy. She comes forward attacking with (sloppy) punches, gets into the clinch, takes down her opponent and from there she looks for the armbar. That has been her strategy for all her fights.

You think that a man would be champion only having the armbar as the main weapon?
    this is the craziest thing i think ive ever seen you write. That would have been like saying "damn JDS, always goes out there looking to knock out his opponent!! Cant he do something else for once?!?!" If you were as good as Ronda is at her armbar wouldnt you always go for it too? wouldnt your strategy or gameplan be to take the fight to your strenghts and win as easily as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    this is the craziest thing i think ive ever seen you write. That would have been like saying "damn JDS, always goes out there looking to knock out his opponent!! Cant he do something else for once?!?!" If you were as good as Ronda is at her armbar wouldnt you always go for it too? wouldnt your strategy or gameplan be to take the fight to your strenghts and win as easily as possible?
    You missed the point. He never said she should use a different strategy. All he was saying is that a male mma champion would not be able to have the same success being one-dimensional that Ronda is able to have in wmma right now.
    Legalize MMA in New York

Quote Originally Posted by IrishX(aka bornbear) View Post
    You missed the point. He never said she should use a different strategy. All he was saying is that a male mma champion would not be able to have the same success being one-dimensional that Ronda is able to have in wmma right now.
    No but when he says;

The undisputed champion is someone that has only the armbar as the main weapon. All the time she uses the same strategy. She comes forward attacking with (sloppy) punches, gets into the clinch, takes down her opponent and from there she looks for the armbar. That has been her strategy for all her fights.
    by saying this ^ it puts a negative spin on just how dominate Ronda has been. He also tries to justify it as being a shallow division...give respect where respect is do. Cyborg knocks lesser talent the fuck out and everyone praises her (minus the steroids) and for Ronda its excuse after excuse.

Some men just don't like a female with a strong personality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Thread Information