Thread: Kampmann taking hiatus from MMA

Default Kampmann taking hiatus from MMA

Kampmann taking hiatus from MMA
    http://www.mixedmartialarts.com/news...atus-from-MMA/

Martin Kampmann has fought seventeen times in the Octagon since debuting in 2006, but after two TKO/KO losses in a row, the long time welterweight veteran is taking some time off:

ďIíve had a lot of tough fights, and even the ones I win, I sometimes make them tough for myself,Ē Kampmann told MMAjunkie Radio. ďIím just taking a long break. No rush to get back in the cage. Let my body recover and get good.

ďIím just going to kick back, and whenever I feel like coming back, Iíll come back.Ē

With the 11-year anniversary of his MMA debut quickly approaching, Kampmann has started to realize how much of his life has been dedicated to combat sports in general. By no means does the Danish athlete have regrets about his career choice, but at the same time, heís aware his passion isnít the same as what it once was. In his opinion, thatís one telltale sign to take some time off.

ďI enjoy fighting, but Iíve just had my 10-year anniversary as a professional fighter,Ē Kampmann said. ďI feel a little burned out right now. Thatís why Iím taking a break. I donít want to get in there unless I feel like it. I love training, I love fighting, but I want to have the fire again to go in. If I donít have the fire, then I think that means I need to take a break.Ē

I think any time a fighter recognizes that they do not have the pep in their step it is time to step back and not lie to themselves. All the respect in the world to this man, even though he did paint a horrific picture on one of my favorite fighters face (Diego Sanchez).

Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

Gosh dernit. He's one of my favorite fighters. Hope to see him make a return and waste the #5-10 rankings again.
    Survival is Triumph Enough
    -Harry Crews

Smart move for him.
    He's one of my Favs so I'm glad he's not retiring, but he has looked off in his last couple of fights, so I'm glad he's gonna sit back and try to build that flame back up.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

All the best of luck to Kamppman, we all hope to see you back in the octagon as soon as you get your head straight.

As coaching gigs loom, Martin Kampmann not ruling out fighting again
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/as-coac...fighting-again
    And if you want beef, then bring the ruckus

About a month ago Kampmann and Gray Maynard came out to AZ and were putting some work in at Power MMA.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

hands down my favorite fighter! Hope he comes back for at least 1 more fight.

Hitman!!!

Thread Information