Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 51

Thread: Ronda Rousey rips Cris Cyborg: ‘The best she has isn’t good enough, even on drugs’

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,256

    Default Ronda Rousey rips Cris Cyborg: ‘The best she has isn’t good enough, even on drugs’

    The UFC bantamweight champion spoke to the Brazilian media on Tuesday in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, and attacked the Invicta FC’s featherweight champion. According to Rousey, Cyborg, who is expected to make her 135-pound debut later this year, asked to be released from her UFC contract to avoid random drug testing.

    "I would fight her, but 24 hours after the announcement of out-of-competition drug testing, she asked to be released from the UFC," Rousey said. "I’m under contract with the UFC, I can’t leave. She can come back whenever she wants, I’m here."

    Cyborg went 2-0 in MMA after the last bout under the Strikeforce banner, and recently competed in a muay thai title fight against Jorina Baars, losing via decision.

    "She was fighting, it was a while ago, and she just got dropped five times in a match. And really, to be honest, I haven’t been really too impressed with her actual skill set," Rousey said. "It’s only her strength that she draws off.

    "If you remember when she fought Gina (Carano), she pulled her into mount two different times. Those are very grievous technical mistakes. The mistakes that she makes technically are absolutely terrible and basic. The only reason why she gets away with it is because of her strength, and people don’t realize how strong I actually am. Ask the girls that I’ve fought. They weren’t expecting this. Because I don’t look like it, it doesn’t mean I don’t have it.

    "She doesn’t have any feeling in her punches, she pushes her punches. She can’t knock people out with one punch, she just overwhelms them," she added. "My pace, nobody can overwhelm me. And the way that she is on the ground, it’s absolute horrendous. And her distance is absolute horrendous. The only thing that she has is pace and power, and I have pace, precision and power."

    Cyborg might lose some of her power when dropping down to 135 pounds, but Rousey doesn’t think she would become an easy match-up. However, Rousey thinks doping is the reason why the Brazilian is taking so long to cut down.

    "But she’s still outside the organization, going outside the country. I’m sure she’s trying to dope as long as possible and then come into the UFC. But it doesn’t matter. I grew up fighting in judo and I knew there were people out there doping, but I never used that as an excuse to do it. I just wanted to beat them despite of it. ‘You know what, you can have every advantage in the world over me, you can have better funding, you can have a better program, be on all the drugs in the world, but I’m gonna be good enough to beat you despite of it.’

    "The reason why people dope is because they lack self-confidence. The reason why she was using steroids is because that girl does not believe that the best that she has is good enough, and that will always be there in her mind. And you know what, she’s right. The best that she has isn’t good enough, even on drugs."
    https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ron...034045354.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    9,439

    Default

    I agree with a lot of what Ronda said here but she consistently forgets one thing: Ronda has never been truly hit and Cyborg will hit her.

    Cyborg's ground may be better than what she's shown as well because she could take a lot of unnecessary risks vs. the ladies she's fought in the past. We will just have to wait and see whether or not her grappling accolades have solely been due to her power.
    You say shark I say hey man, Jaws was never my scene and I don't like Star Wars

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    408

    Default

    i see that fight going like this:

    Rousey bullrush, takedown, ground and pound, Cyborg gets back up, Rousey trys to stand and bang, gets tagged, take down immediately, ground and pound and dominates position - repeat for 2 or 3 rounds, cyborg gets tired and reckless, armbar, Rousey breaks cyborgs arm, flips her the bird and gets suspended for 6 months, leaves UFC to go be a movie star, THE END!!!
    Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.

    Oscar Wilde


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mmafan111 View Post
    i see that fight going like this:

    Rousey bullrush, takedown, ground and pound, Cyborg gets back up, Rousey trys to stand and bang, gets tagged, take down immediately, ground and pound and dominates position - repeat for 2 or 3 rounds, cyborg gets tired and reckless, armbar, Rousey breaks cyborgs arm, flips her the bird and gets suspended for 6 months, leaves UFC to go be a movie star, THE END!!!
    I honestly think if Rhonda gets tagged we'd have a new champ. The thing I find with Rhonda is she does base a good chunk of her fighting on her power. She wouldn't be able to get away with some of that with Cyborg. She may be able to take her down but I don't think she'd have much in the g&p department.

    I think Rhonda would come in hard get tagged and then we'll actually see how reacts defensively. If she gets cracked by Cyborg she's getting Ko'd

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,742

    Default

    Cyborg has much more of a punchers chance. She has very good technique but can get away with being a little sloppy due to the fact that most other women DO NOT have the power or technique stand up wise to contend with her.

    I like Rousey and she is tough but I just do not see her getting tagged by Cyborg and wading through it. I give her one round of getting tagged and wading through it maybe, but if Cyborg hits her clean in two different rounds in the fight I think that would deplete whatever consciousness Rousey has left.

    That being said, there is NO WAY Ronda stands up for any lengthy period of time in this fight if she wants to win. That would be Rousey's pride talking and well that cometh before the fall...to the mat...looking at lights.


    Those who do not appreciate life, do not deserve life.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,278

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thamob View Post
    I honestly think if Rhonda gets tagged we'd have a new champ. The thing I find with Rhonda is she does base a good chunk of her fighting on her power. She wouldn't be able to get away with some of that with Cyborg. She may be able to take her down but I don't think she'd have much in the g&p department.

    I think Rhonda would come in hard get tagged and then we'll actually see how reacts defensively. If she gets cracked by Cyborg she's getting Ko'd
    Oh yes because Ronda has been dropped so many times, and cyborg ko's people with one punch all the time right. Stop drinking the cyborg Gatorade.

    Her name is Ronda not Rhonda

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    1,257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    Oh yes because Ronda has been dropped so many times, and cyborg ko's people with one punch all the time right. Stop drinking the cyborg Gatorade.

    Her name is Ronda not Rhonda
    I think what he meant was not that Cyborg has one punch KO, but that when she tags her opponent, she become unrelenting and drops quick, overwhelming, continuous shots.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    Oh yes because Ronda has been dropped so many times, and cyborg ko's people with one punch all the time right. Stop drinking the cyborg Gatorade.

    Her name is Ronda not Rhonda
    I'm not saying Cyborg has 1 punch power but let's be honest she has power and great striking. I'm sure Rhonda has yet to experience that in a fighter. We have yet to see Runda go on the defensive. I would like to see her tested.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    13,278

    Default

    Cyborg doesn't have great striking at all she swings wild, reminds me of chuck Liddell.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    1,256

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dork8503 View Post
    Cyborg doesn't have great striking at all she swings wild, reminds me of chuck Liddell.
    That may be but I think she's till better than Re-Honda

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •