Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jones - Cormier Post Fight discussion

Default Jones - Cormier Post Fight discussion

I had Cormier a bit ahead until he finger poke. Man I hate Jones, not going to ever buy a PPV with him on it or Reebok shoes.

So you started a thread to display your hatred for Jon Jones. Cool. I'm sure Reebok will miss your $49.99 pair of clearance sneakers you bought once every 3 years. Might put them under.

No, actually curious peoples thoughts on the fight but had just watched the end when I posted it. Where do you get $49.99 reeboks for? I might have to change my stance on not buying them.

Do you not think something should have been done about the eye poke? How many times has he done this now? And the fight seemed to turn after that.

Quote Originally Posted by JPeezy View Post
    So you started a thread to display your hatred for Jon Jones. Cool. I'm sure Reebok will miss your $49.99 pair of clearance sneakers you bought once every 3 years. Might put them under.

And still undisputed ufc lhw champion

While it was an active fight, it was anything but conclusive. Jon's huge height and reach advantage was just too much for Cormier. Neither fighter did much damage overall. It was a good decision, but not really a conclusive fight as to who is really "better".

I'm probably going to get hate for this but, I was bored! The biggest "New Year Fight" was full of hugs, the only thing missing was the kissing. Wtf!
    Jones being too cautious. The next GSP?
    Cormier (any challenger) should know by now, to become a champ, you must beat the champ TKO/KO. Cormier should have went all in 5th round, knock out or get knocked out.

I didn't see the fight (for some reason, I thought it was at the end of the month). When I was thinking about what I'd do in Cormier's shoes, though, the answer that came to me was... flop.

That's right. Every time his open hand came anywhere close to my eyes, I'd claim an eye poke. I'd force the issue and make the ref either make him stop using those fingers as a deterrent to actually fighting or DQ me for being a dick.

The fact of the matter is that Jones is all but unbeatable if he's allowed to keep people outside their reach (but within his) with the threat of eye pokes. The trademark example of this was the Rampage fight where Rampage was ducking and juking to get away from it and Jones was following his eyes with that open hand. I could practically hear him thinking, "C'mon, get close enough to punch me. I just hope you know where to get your hands on a service dog!!"

Me too. That's $100 now, not the mention the $450+ I used to pump into the UFC PPVs which is now virtually zero. Nobody thinks a huge business will fail until it does. They aren't resorting to this CM Punk bullshit because they are happy with business. All it's doing though is digging a bigger hole.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Jones hight and reach advantage are so unfair, thats why he won 50% of the fight in close range/in the clinch and took down an olympic wrestler 4x.
    Jones Era >> Machida Era
    Favorite fighters: Anderson Silva, Jon Jones, Michael Johnson, Jose Aldo, Chris Weidman.

Another intelligent contribution by CTGreat.

It was a good close fight, but Jones is simply a better fighter. He has much more complete arsenal, he is stronger and has better cardio.

However, aside of the Gustafsson fight, this has been the closest fight we have seen of Jones.

He is probably the best of all time, considering that in the past few years he has been fighting only Top fighters (except Sonnen) and has been pretty dominant in almost all those fights.

However he lacks something, he lacks that "Woooow" moment in his career. Despite that he does a lot of fancy stuff, his fights are kinda boring actually. He controls very well his opponents, but he lacks that exciting agressive style that someone like Fedor had, he lacks the super exciting fights that Anderson Silva had.

Jones is becoming a little bit like GSP, he dominates and controls his opponents, but he lacks the excitement. It is now 3 fights in a row that he does not finish his opponent.

His next test will be Rumble/Gustafsson. And if he wins he will have literally no one else left to fight in the LHW division.
    If Cain beats Werdum, he will have no one left to face in the HW division.

Cain vs Jones is the perfect super fight that has to happen, unfortunately we know that DW can not make super fights happen, so it will always be just a dream fight.
    I think Cain would beat Jones, but definitely Jones is an outstanding fighter.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Thread Information