Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Pick'ems Standings

Ok like I've said previously I haven't done this in a while. Quick question, if you guess a decision do you get an extra 2 points for picking the third round? Because obviously decisions are going to go 3 rounds unless its the main event.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    Ok like I've said previously I haven't done this in a while. Quick question, if you guess a decision do you get an extra 2 points for picking the third round? Because obviously decisions are going to go 3 rounds unless its the main event.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    I've always felt that way and agree with you.
    Correctly picking a fighter to win by decision is worth 5 points in total.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    IMO, that would make it too complicated, because it'd effect more than just decision. Then we'd have to score rounds by themselves, rather than by accuracy of the pick in its entirety.

Say Fighter A wins most of his fights via Submission in the 2nd round. Then one fight he happens to catch his opponent off guard and wins a fight via KO in the 2nd round. Everyone who made the obvious pick would get 3 points, instead of the typical 1. But if someone made the correct pick, and chose him to win via KO, they only get 2 more points over the others, for taking a chance? Personally, I don't like that idea. I think the person who made the exact correct pick deserves that extra 2 point advantage.

For the 3rd round points and Decision thing, I think it'd actually be even worse (than my example above). At the end of the year when we're all scrambling for points, choosing a 3rd round finish would be an easy button. You pick 3rd round stoppage, it goes to Decision, you get 3 points. You pick Decision, it's a stoppage in the 3rd round, you get 1 point. Doesn't seem fair to me, to do it that way.

I thought to get the 2 "method of victory" points you had to pick the correct fighter, and to get the 2 "round points" you had to pick the correct fighter and method?

If you pick correct fighter, sub 2 and it's actually ko 2, you only get 1 point for the correct fighter (1 for fighter, 0 for method, 0 for round because you need method to get round points).

If you pick correct fighter sub 2, and its actually sub 1, you get 3 points. (1 pt for fighter, 2 for method, 0 for round).

If you pick the wrong fighter, but the right method and round, its worth 0 points because you need the correct fighter for method/round points.

All decisions you get 5, 1 for fighter, 2 for method, 2 for round (rd3 always). Unless you have the wrong fighter, than its worth 0 points.

Is this right? Or can you get points for round without having method?

I was able to get my user nsme changed! I wss SOOFNUN.

Figured id let ya know soupdating wouodnt be confusing. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I thought to get the 2 "method of victory" points you had to pick the correct fighter, and to get the 2 "round points" you had to pick the correct fighter and method?

If you pick correct fighter, sub 2 and it's actually ko 2, you only get 1 point for the correct fighter (1 for fighter, 0 for method, 0 for round because you need method to get round points).

If you pick correct fighter sub 2, and its actually sub 1, you get 3 points. (1 pt for fighter, 2 for method, 0 for round).

If you pick the wrong fighter, but the right method and round, its worth 0 points because you need the correct fighter for method/round points.

All decisions you get 5, 1 for fighter, 2 for method, 2 for round (rd3 always). Unless you have the wrong fighter, than its worth 0 points.

Is this right? Or can you get points for round without having method?

Leuc, how did you score it last year?

As long as we are consistent throughout the whole year..

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    And those rules were changed. But thanks for playing.
    My mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Got er updated.

Took awhile because I just watched the fights last night / today and didn't want to update and know the results until I watched them.

The numbers from Fight Night 34 were a little skewed. First there was the error of awarding 5 points for OTN awards when it should have been 4. And I also found an error in my spreadsheet that I was awarding 2 points for winning fighter and 1 point for winning round, when it should be the other way around (1 pt for fighter, 2 pts for round).

So I retweeked it, recalculated everything, and it's updated for this update.

Congrats to this JPeezy guy. 38 points and he's only played 1 of the 2 events so far. I thought me and Spoon did well with 32 until I saw this 38.

And anyone know if there's a way to load this spreadsheet onto the site? So people can check it over if they're interested or think there's errors?

Leucoethiops uploaded it to http://www.2shared.com/ after every update. No way to upload it directly to this site, that I'm aware of.

Thread Information