Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Official 2014 Pick'ems Standings

- Correctly picking only the winning fighter (get the round and way of victory wrong) - 1 point.

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and the method of victory, but getting the round wrong - 3 points

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and round, but getting the method of victory wrong - 3 points

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and the method of victory (sub / ko) and the correct round - 5 points.

- Correctly picking the winning fighter by decision - 5 points. (Do not have to specify unanimous or split).

- No round points or method of victory points awarded if the losing fighter was chosen.

^^Thats how I ran it too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

Quote Originally Posted by Leucoethiops View Post
    - Correctly picking only the winning fighter (get the round and way of victory wrong) - 1 point.

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and the method of victory, but getting the round wrong - 3 points

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and round, but getting the method of victory wrong - 3 points

- Correctly picking the winning fighter and the method of victory (sub / ko) and the correct round - 5 points.

- Correctly picking the winning fighter by decision - 5 points. (Do not have to specify unanimous or split).

- No round points or method of victory points awarded if the losing fighter was chosen.
    Aye, thanks. So the numbers there are still a little fucky. I only awarded round points if the method was correct. I'll change that tonight, or sometime before the next event.

When're ya gonna get out of that -100 point hole there Leu?

4. Default

also corectly picking OTN were 4pts.
    Pick correct fighter 1 pt than 2pts for rd 2pts for way & dec=5pts no pts if wrong fighter picked.
    and thanks for doing this

When're ya gonna get out of that -100 point hole there Leu?
    I'm not.

Having won the Pick Ems by a landslide, I'll now embark on the worst fall from grace in the history of Pick Ems. Later, I'll score a few bucks when I agree to let VH1 make a 'Behind The Pick Ems' documentary; which chronicles my rise and fall. Fedorlei will have a few appearances in it. He'll talk about how he managed to keep a level head throughout his success. In my interviews, I'll talk about how drugs ruined my life. They'll pay me a little bit for the rights, but I'll squander it on heroin and crack... Not long after, I'll turn up dead.

Got it all planned out.

I'm not.

Having won the Pick Ems by a landslide, I'll now embark on the worst fall from grace in the history of Pick Ems. Later, I'll score a few bucks when I agree to let VH1 make a 'Behind The Pick Ems' documentary; which chronicles my rise and fall. Fedorlei will have a few appearances in it. He'll talk about how he managed to keep a level head throughout his success. In my interviews, I'll talk about how drugs ruined my life. They'll pay me a little bit for the rights, but I'll squander it on heroin and crack... Not long after, I'll turn up dead.

Got it all planned out.
    Sounds like a hell of a plan. And a good model for me to follow after I win this year

On another point, if someone picks a fighter to win by dec, and the fight ends in round 3 by tko or sub, do they get the 2 round points for calling it to end in round 3? Or vice-versa, they pick tko/sub 3 and it end in dec, do they get the 2 round points?

Sounds like a hell of a plan. And a good model for me to follow after I win this year

On another point, if someone picks a fighter to win by dec, and the fight ends in round 3 by tko or sub, do they get the 2 round points for calling it to end in round 3? Or vice-versa, they pick tko/sub 3 and it end in dec, do they get the 2 round points?
    If you call a decision, and you picked the right fighter, but he won in the 3rd by (T)KO or Sub, you get 1 point.

If you call TKO/Sub in R3, and you picked the right fighter, but he won by decision, you get 1 point.

Decisions don't occur 'in' round 3 (or 5), they occur 'after' round 3 (or 5).
    Last edited by Leucoethiops; 01-20-2014 at 01:12 PM.

If you call a decision, and you picked the right fighter, but he won in the 3rd by (T)KO or Sub, you get 1 point.

If you call TKO/Sub in R3, and you picked the right fighter, but he won by decision, you get 1 point.

Decisions don't occur 'in' round 3 (or 5), they occur 'after' round 3 (or 5).
    Thanks dude. I'm going to have to rethink how to set it up in excel then. Did you just manually score everyones everytime?

And they do occur 'in' somewhat. What aboot a TKO at the end of round 2 or something, or a fighter doesn't come out in the third round. It still occurs 'in' the second round, but it is also inbetween rounds. So is it a trick question? lol

I gotcha though. Just have to rethink how I'm gonna set it up though. I'll get it to work. Think I'm already figuring out a way.

Thanks dude. I'm going to have to rethink how to set it up in excel then. Did you just manually score everyones everytime?
    I scored everyone's manually, everytime.

And they do occur 'in' somewhat.
    They occur after. Not during.

What aboot a TKO at the end of round 2 or something, or a fighter doesn't come out in the third round. It still occurs 'in' the second round, but it is also inbetween rounds. So is it a trick question? lol
    You take the official judge's ruling / result.

Typically if a fighter can't come out for, say round 3 (he got beat up real bad in round two, maybe the corner threw in the towel, or a doctor stopped it), the official ruling is almost always a round 2 TKO (regardless of reason: injury, towel thrown in, doctor stoppage).

I gotcha though. Just have to rethink how I'm gonna set it up though. I'll get it to work. Think I'm already figuring out a way.
    Atta boy

Thread Information