Thread: Eddie Alvarez Confirms Rubber Match with Michael Chandler, Expects to Headline PPV

1. Default Eddie Alvarez Confirms Rubber Match with Michael Chandler, Expects to Headline PPV

http://www.mmaweekly.com/eddie-alvar...e-bellator-ppv

As expected, Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez and Michael Chandler will complete their trilogy in 2014.

Bellator posted photos of the two filming and posing for promotional materials for the third fight between the two, and Alvarez confirmed the fight in a Friday interview with MMAFighting.com.

Alvarez said the bout will headline a Bellator pay-per-view event. Their second bout was supposed to have been part of a PPV event. The bout took place as planned in November, following a prolonged contract dispute between Alvarez and Bellator, but the PPV was scrapped and the event found its way onto Spike TV.

“We weren’t able to do the first one on pay-per-view, and I definitely want to headline a pay-per-view card and we get an opportunity to do that,” Alvarez told MMAFighting.com. “What better way to do that than have one of the best trilogies in MMA history.”
    No date or location has yet been announced for Bellator: Alvarez vs. Chandler III.

Bellator MMA ✔ @BellatorMMA
    Follow
    Look what's in the works! Who's ready to complete the trilogy? @Ealvarezfight @MikeChandlerMMA
    11:38 AM - 10 Jan 2014
    When you're down.... you're down 4-Life

I expect another hell of a fight.

There are very few trilogies that have me as excited as this one.

Quote Originally Posted by initial_zen View Post
    There are very few trilogies that have me as excited as this one.
    The first two fights were just fantastic and some of the best in the history of the sport. If the third one even comes close to the other two, which I do expect, then I vote this as the best trilogy [in terms of fight quality, not importance] of all time.

I'm cheering for Chandler! Just someone please tell him to keep his lead hand up.

Should be a hell of a fight but I still don't think Bellator will have a very successful PPV.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information