Thread: Rousimar Palhares, Yushin Okami to Make WSOF Debuts on March 29

Default Rousimar Palhares, Yushin Okami to Make WSOF Debuts on March 29

Rousimar Palhares, Yushin Okami to Make WSOF Debuts on March 29
    http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Rou...March-29-61869

Former UFC talents Rousimar Palhares and Yushin Okami are expected to make their World Series of Fighting debuts on March 29.

WSOF executive Ali Abdel-Aziz revealed the bookings during a Thursday media conference call. No bouts are set in stone for the event, but Aziz additionally announced that two title fights are expected to go down at the upcoming show. Opponents have not been revealed for either Palhares or Okami.

Pedro Rizzo interested in fighting for WSOF in Brazil
    http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/9/...wsof-in-brazil
    World Series of Fighting’s executive vice president Ali Abdel-Aziz told MMAFighting.com he’s interested in signing Rizzo for their first event in Brazil this year, and the MMA veteran likes the idea.

"They’re doing a good job in the U.S., and it would be great to be able to fight again in Brazil," Rizzo told MMAFighting.com. "If they give me a good opponent, even better. Give me a good time to get ready and let’s do it."

Over the past year, Rizzo focused on coaching more than fighting, but that doesn’t mean he’s not training as a professional fighter anymore.

"Unfortunately, I haven’t fought much lately," he said. "If you ask me if I stopped fighting, I’m going to say no. I haven’t. I’m in shape. I train every day when I’m working with Glover, ‘Bigfoot’ (Silva), Anderson or Jose Aldo in their camps. I’m not in shape to fight, but I’m in shape to start a training camp to fight.

"As a coach, I think like a fighter. I think what would I do against a fight with that style, and then I come up a strategy. I’m from a time where the fighters weren’t as professionals as they are today, so I needed to plan my whole camp by myself.

"I fight because that’s what I love to do. I love to be inside the ring. I don’t care about birthdays, Christmas and those things. I always lived my life by weeks. It’s four weeks for my next fight, ten weeks, whatever. That’s how my life always was. My goal is to fight. Titles and victories are consequences of my training. My motivation is to beat the next opponent."

The 19-11 Brazilian wants to fight again, and he wants a "good opponent" to get motivated.

"I’m turning 40 and I’ll fight anyone," he said. "Everybody knows me, I never chose opponents. I went to Russia to fight Fedor (Emelianenko) two years after my last fight. If they come up with a good opponent, it will motivate me even more to continue in this journey for a long time. My goal is to do a great fight for the fans in Brazil, make people think ‘wow, he’s 40 and keeps fighting like this.’ That’s what I want."
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-10-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Okami is gonna musclebust this clown.

I can't wait to see either of these guys make their debut. I'd be really interested to know who they have in mind as opponents.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Okami MW champ by year end.
    Palhares suspended by 2nd fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Okami is gonna musclebust this clown.
    and the last sentence Says:
    Opponents have not been revealed for either Palhares or Okami.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagomedov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Thread Information