Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Guida tempts McGregor with a five round, chest hair sandwich

Default Guida tempts McGregor with a five round, chest hair sandwich

Guida tempts McGregor with a five round, chest hair sandwich

"There's someone out there, the UFC's protecting this leprechaun," said Guida as transcribed by BloodyElbow. "He got called out earlier (by Jim Alers). Conor McGregor, I don't call anybody out - after your injury, after your heal up, if you want to fight a real man there ain't no gold at the end of that rainbow just a chest hair sandwich from a mullet with a caveman attached to it."

Guida expanded on the remarks at the post-fight press con.

"You know, he doesn't really rub me the wrong way," said Guida. "I believe he's got all the talents, but we haven't seen him tested yet. It's good to see up-and-comers get a lot of publicity like him. But I think maybe the fact that him and my good friend and teammate Cub Swanson had a little beef one night at a show, the fact that they're keeping him in close quarters and keeping an eye on him, by fighting in his own country. Let's see what he's made of. It doesn't have to be his next fight, but let's let him get a little momentum and put him in there against a guy that's got some experience, and we'll see what he's made of."

"Five rounds is my thing. If you want to see that guy cry, put him in there with me for five rounds."

How exactly does Guida justify Cole Miller not being a real man? He is a hell of a lot more determined to finish than he is. Also isn't that leprechaun remark a tad racial?
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    How exactly does Guida justify Cole Miller not being a real man? He is a hell of a lot more determined to finish than he is. Also isn't that leprechaun remark a tad racial?
    Yes, but that's one of those weird ones that society is completely ok with. I have a lot of Irish ancestry, and that doesn't bother me. What I do hate though is another socially acceptable area based one, which is dumb redneck or hillbilly. I'm from West Virginia. I grew up in the woods. My family and friends are mostly good, hard working, intelligent people, so those kinds of insults really get under my skin.
    Big Hairy American Winning Machine

Two points...

Clay Guida can make the most exciting fighters look boring. Guy has a way of just grapple-fucking guys until they are either exhausted or so frustrated it's palpable.

I personally think that it's a fighters responsibility to be able to defend the takedown, and get back up when taken down.
    BUT! I also have no desire to see Guida do to McGregor what he did to Pettis.
    Guida is a grinder... it's his style, he has had some success with it... so great for him.
    But I'd like to see McGregor get a bit more time to train his wrestling before he fights Guida.
    Cause lord knows that it is going to be a wrestling match, much more so than an mma fight.

Secondly... no disrespect to the two posters above me... but I HATE when people whine about words!
    Calling someone a leprechaun is now a no-no? Really?!
    We're gonna group that in as racist?
    Rather than go all Big Brother and whittle down the english language... I'd much prefer to live in a world where people just grew a pair and stopped getting offended at EVERYTHING.
    Plus... language is based on context.
    When I tell my friend he's "retarded"... that's funny.
    Were I to then call a mentally challenged individual a "retard"... that's horrible and evil.

CONTEXT!

As for the leprechaun comment... that was just plain funny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    Yes, but that's one of those weird ones that society is completely ok with. I have a lot of Irish ancestry, and that doesn't bother me. What I do hate though is another socially acceptable area based one, which is dumb redneck or hillbilly. I'm from West Virginia. I grew up in the woods. My family and friends are mostly good, hard working, intelligent people, so those kinds of insults really get under my skin.
    Yeah I'm Irish, Polish and German. Mostly Irish though and I feel like the bad things people say about those nationalities as well as towards Catholics are accepted but about other races, ethnicity and religions there would be an uproar. So much inconsistencies in society today.

Also Tyler you missed the point completely.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Dirten View Post
    Two points...

Clay Guida can make the most exciting fighters look boring. Guy has a way of just grapple-fucking guys until they are either exhausted or so frustrated it's palpable.

I personally think that it's a fighters responsibility to be able to defend the takedown, and get back up when taken down.
    BUT! I also have no desire to see Guida do to McGregor what he did to Pettis.
    Guida is a grinder... it's his style, he has had some success with it... so great for him.
    But I'd like to see McGregor get a bit more time to train his wrestling before he fights Guida.
    Cause lord knows that it is going to be a wrestling match, much more so than an mma fight.

Secondly... no disrespect to the two posters above me... but I HATE when people whine about words!
    Calling someone a leprechaun is now a no-no? Really?!
    We're gonna group that in as racist?
    Rather than go all Big Brother and whittle down the english language... I'd much prefer to live in a world where people just grew a pair and stopped getting offended at EVERYTHING.
    Plus... language is based on context.
    When I tell my friend he's "retarded"... that's funny.
    Were I to then call a mentally challenged individual a "retard"... that's horrible and evil.

CONTEXT!

As for the leprechaun comment... that was just plain funny.
    People are way over sensitive. I hate that everybody is so PC these days, but I really hate the double standard that goes with it. I really hate when I get completely written off in a conversation, because I'm from WV, and probably banging my cousin. It happens more than you'd think, and yeah my cousins are married, but still.

Am I the only one here that still likes Guida?

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Fe1 View Post
    Am I the only one here that still likes Guida?
    I still kinda like him, but I always only kinda liked him. I usually am mildly happy when he wins. It's the mildest of all fanships.

Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I still kinda like him, but I always only kinda liked him. I usually am mildly happy when he wins. It's the mildest of all fanships.
    I've always been a big fan of his though. Sure, he's had a couple of boring ones but he proved Friday night that he's still more than capable of putting on a hell of a show. His fight with Hioki was pretty boring and his fight with Maynard wasn't all that great either (although I wasn't as outraged as most by it) but the guy has put on some fucking wars! As for the Pettis fight, can you really blame Guida for wanting to keep the fight on the ground? Smart people don't want to stand with Pettis.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

10. Default

Nah, I still like Guida. He's one of those guys who I always count on for a little entertainment value. The man can take a beating, and his pace really helps keep interest in the fight. I dont expect him to move mountains, wear a championship belt, or set records, but the man is a _very_ good gatekeeper.

Thread Information