Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanderlei Silva to run for a seat in the Brazilian congress

Default Wanderlei Silva to run for a seat in the Brazilian congress

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/1/10...ilian-congress

Wanderlei Silva will have a busy year in 2014.

Right after his upcoming bout with long-time rival Chael Sonnen on TUF: Brazil 3, "The Axe Murderer" will start his campaign for a seat in the Brazilian congress, affiliated with Brazilian Social Democracy Party (PSDB) in Parana. Like many sports athletes, including former professional boxer Acelino Freitas and soccer superstar Romario, Silva intends to be a federal deputy for the next four years, starting on Jan. 1, if elected on Oct. 5.

"I realized that I have many projects to be done, many interesting things, and if everything goes right, I will do this," Silva said in a release. "Iíll go to the TUF house, knock Sonnen out and then start my campaign. I just opened a free, public MMA gym in Paraiba, so why canít Curitiba or Sao Paulo have one? No money? Someone needs to do this. Iím tired of asking, so Iím going to do that on my own hands at the congress."

"No more corrupt politicians stealing from us," he continued. "This generation needs to go to jail, retire or die. Itís the time for the good people, but we need to do something. It needs to be good for everybody. And if you think Romario is controversial, wait until I get there."

For his fight against Sonnen, Silva will leave his gym in Las Vegas, Nev., and move back to Brazil to prepare. The former Pride middleweight champion will train at Andre Amadoís gym Evolucao Thai in Curitiba, but wants Rafael Cordeiro and Fabricio Werdum to be part of his camp.

"I have family and friends here, and I will bring some people to help me in this camp," he said. "Thereís so much talent in Brazil, and itís one of the few places in the world where I can gather a large group of talented fighters. I will bring some wrestling athletes and sparrings, and I also want to bring Rafael Cordeiro. If everything goes right, itís going to be one of the best training camps of my life."

Sonnen is already in Brazil to coach on the next season of The Ultimate Fighter, but Silva didnít meet him yet.

"I had no contact with Sonnen yet," he said. "Iím really motivated and Iím sure that I will coach a great team."
    For some reason I find this absolutely hilarious.

I am sure that most of people in the congress also said at a time that they would no steal, that they would be so honest etc etc.

We will see what happens when Wand has in front of him a river of money knowing that he can take some and no one will notice.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

3. Default

Only in Brazil could someone get elected with the nickname The Axe Murderer.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Could be worse. A band near me elected someone that kidnapped his wife beat her and raped her about 10 years ago their chief.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. Thatís right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

Well.File that under "unexpected."

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Only in Brazil could someone get elected with the nickname The Axe Murderer.
    Only in America does an action film star with a history of steroids get elected.. Or a crack-pot retired wrestler nicknamed "the Body" ... or a fat joke of an actor with the nickname "the law man".

I guess the whole "Wandy is a trader to Brazil" shtick Sonnen likes to yap about is out the window.

7. Default

And his nickname isn't "The Axe Murderer".

Or a crack-pot retired wrestler nicknamed "the Body"

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    or a fat joke of an actor with the nickname "the law man".
    Who is this? Steven Segal? Because he's never held public office. He was given an honorary title if you will and wasn't elected. If you are referring to someone else, then I'm lost as to who you are talking about.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Who is this? Steven Segal? Because he's never held public office. He was given an honorary title if you will and wasn't elected. If you are referring to someone else, then I'm lost as to who you are talking about.
    I was thinking the same. I don't really know who he was referring to with that last one.

Ok, I get it, as long as your name isnt the "Axe Murderer", it is ok by American standards to elect an 'actor' with a history of illegal drug use and adultery...

As for Seagal, lets just see what happens in Arizona...

But in all reality, I would rather have an mma fighter with the nick name the Axe Murderer as a public official than a fake wrestler who called his own country "the Fascist States of America".

But each to his own I guess.
    Last edited by Cat--Smasher; 01-11-2014 at 06:30 AM.

Thread Information