+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wanderlei Silva to run for a seat in the Brazilian congress

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. MMA View Post
    Jeez it's not like they're deciding to elect a real axe murderer into congress. His name is a gimmick, much like nicknames in other sports or entertainment businesses. If Andrei Arlovski or Josh Barnett ran for congress, should I be throwing my arms up in the air asking how they could let a pitbull or a baby-faced assassin be a politician? or how about a meathead (Mitrione) or a cyborg (Santos) running for congress?

Hell I should be scared if Lyle Beerbohm or Kurt Pellegrino runs for office; I don't think I'd want fancy pants or batman heading my state or country.
    I want the New York Bad Ass as the secretary of defense. Our military wud b da best eva

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    A Mexican by way of Russia and a Canadian feel like they have a better grasp on the US political climate than someone in the US.

Sounds about right.
    LOL are you drunk or something?
    First you say that a person can not be a politician because he has a nickname in MMA that has absolutely nothing to do with his real persona. Unless you think that Wanderlei has really killed people with an axe.

Secondly who ever said that we have a better grasp about US political climate?
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Pasha K View Post
    LOL are you drunk or something?
    First you say that a person can not be a politician because he has a nickname in MMA that has absolutely nothing to do with his real persona. Unless you think that Wanderlei has really killed people with an axe.

Secondly who ever said that we have a better grasp about US political climate?
    I'd be willing to bet the average Russian or Canadian has a better grasp of US politics then the average Texan.
    My Favorite Fighters

1)Gray Maynard 2)Dan Henderson 3)Minotauro Nogueira 4)Wanderlei Silva 5)Roy Nelson 6)Tim Boetsch 7)Mark Hunt 8)Shogun Rua 9)Lyoto Machida 10) Connor McGregor

Quote Originally Posted by SwordofAres View Post
    I'd be willing to bet the average Russian or Canadian has a better grasp of US politics then the average Texan.
    To bring it back even further in the thread,

I would be willing to bet a Russian or Canadian would have a better grasp of Brazilian politics than the average Texan.

5. Default

When did I say that? What I'm saying is it would be one of the most tough sells in the history of Congress to have a man elected with that nickname. I never said he couldn't be. Are you drunk?

Says the guy from Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by Cat--Smasher View Post
    To bring it back even further in the thread,

I would be willing to bet a Russian or Canadian would have a better grasp of Brazilian politics than the average Texan.
    Well since I brought up American politics and not Brazilian.
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

Only in Brazil could someone get elected with the nickname The Axe Murderer.
    Well since I brought up American politics and not Brazilian.

Derp.

only in Brazil
    So you did bring up Brazilian politics. Derp.

And a big happy birthday to you. Hope you have a good one.

I have a buddy who is pretty high up in the Federal Government system (like 2nd in command for DHS in the state) who has the nickname "Senor Munchies."

I just wanted to say Senor Munchies.

That's all.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

When I finally realize my dream of being a masked Mexican Luchador, Senor Munchies will be my name.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sick_Lunatic View Post
    I've always liked strudel.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information