Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Lawler vs Hendricks?

Hybrid View

Default Thoughts on Lawler vs Hendricks?

I think a lot of ppl are not giving Robbie enough of a chance in this fight. People have always said Rory was the future of the ww division after gsp. Well Hendricks smashed the shit outta gsp but Robbie also smashed Rory. Robbie also has some sick power to answer Hendricks power.

I'm really looking forward to this fight. I think this fight is a lot closer than some ppl make it out to be.

Please see the Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef fight and that should eliminate any doubt that Robbie Lawler always has a chance. His insane power has been proven over and over again. I think Hendricks will take Robbie down continuously, even though Robbie has improved his grappling I don't think that he can stop Hendricks. I will be pulling for Lawler but think that Hendricks will pull it off.

I hope Robbie knocks the beard off Hendricks. This is where we see Hendricks take down Robbie over and over. This is where Hendricks doesn't stand up with Robbie and takes him down. go Robbie. hoping for a well placed uppercut.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Quote Originally Posted by MITCHELRIX78 View Post
    Please see the Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef fight and that should eliminate any doubt that Robbie Lawler always has a chance. His insane power has been proven over and over again. I think Hendricks will take Robbie down continuously, even though Robbie has improved his grappling I don't think that he can stop Hendricks. I will be pulling for Lawler but think that Hendricks will pull it off.
    The scary part about the Manhoef fight was that Lawler was able to generate KO power with his legs absolutely chopped to pieces. Dude could barely walk and he still got the KO.

Surely, surely Hendricks takes this to the mat early and often. He wouldn't stand with Condit, why would he stand with Lawler who is the bigger pure knockout threat?

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    The scary part about the Manhoef fight was that Lawler was able to generate KO power with his legs absolutely chopped to pieces. Dude could barely walk and he still got the KO.
    That fight was insane. Definitely my favorite Lawler fight and I have probably had friends watch it on at least 25 occasions. Everyone who hasn't seen it should try and find it. It wasn't looking good for Lawler after he received some of the most devastating leg kicks that I have ever seen and it only took one punch to end it. Lawler could barely stand after the fight.

Hendricks all day.

We might even see Hendricks pull off a submission win after a few td's and some ground and pound.

I think Hendricks definitely has the ability to to take this to the ground. But Lawler has showed some good tdd. I think this will really be a dog fight, no pure domination. I think Hendricks takes it but im really pulling for Lawler. I'm a fan of both but Lawler smashing Rory just make me want him to win more lol.

I think Lawler leaves Johny starring up at the biglights after doin the funky chicken in front of millions of viewers
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I think Lawler leaves Johny starring up at the biglights after doin the funky chicken in front of millions of viewers
    With Johnys ego I hope he stands with Robbie.

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    With Johnys ego I hope he stands with Robbie.
    This is exactly what I predict will happen
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Thread Information