Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Thoughts on Lawler vs Hendricks?

1. Default

Sorry guys, I just don't see Robbie's chin holding up long enough against Hendricks... it'll probably end like this:

------------------

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post
    Sorry guys, I just don't see Robbie's chin holding up long enough against Hendricks... it'll probably end like this:

Robbie has looked good at ww tho. Hendricks also ain't a great striker, he's just got some mean power. I think this fight will be very close.

Quote Originally Posted by H0SS View Post

Is his chin really that bad though? To this day it's his only KO loss and he's been in the cage with some devastating punchers since then and not gone out. I haven't watched his fights religiously though. Does he have a habit of getting rocked/dropped often?

I think that the gif is less an example of a bad chin and more an example of pretty much every possible thing to do wrong in terms of taking a punch.

Walking into the punch? Check.
    Horrendously off balance? Check.
    On one leg? Check.
    Countered from blind angle? Check.
    Free hand down around waist? Check.

I can't tell for sure from the gif but I think his eyes are open, so there's that at least.

From what I've seen it looks like he's tightened up his striking defense over the years. For all of Johnny's ridiculous power he couldn't put his last two opponents away, so I wouldn't be surprised if Lawler is able to survive on the feet - only to likely lose by some other method.

I just rewatched Robbie vs Manhoef. I still think Hendricks should take this but that fight just goes to show that anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

Thread Information