Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Lawler vs Hendricks?

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoucheyWun View Post
    I have 3 things going through my head that make me think Robbie gets the Tko/KO.

one I believe johny will be cocky and stand
    2 KOS couldn't get lawler down n got tagged
    3 same as above but in Rory's case.

Believe me or not Hendricks will leave enough time on feet for Robbie to take over and he will.
    One big question mark also will be how Robbies cardio holds up if this fight goes past the 3rd round. Against Rory he was exhausted but kept fighting. Hendricks at least got some 5 round experience and may try to pace himself to go all 5. Hendricks fight with Kos was very close imo. Im curious to see how their wrestling matches up here more than anything.

If it the wrestling cancels itself out. I don't see this going 5 rounds, maybe not even 3 lol.

2. Default

Can you just imagine hearing Robbie Lawler UFC WW champion of the world? Holy shite.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Can you just imagine hearing Robbie Lawler UFC WW champion of the world? Holy shite.
    This is why I root for Robbie. This is his last chance at UFC gold, I thought he'd lose his past 2, And Johny comes across cocky enough to play into Lawlers game.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by MITCHELRIX78 View Post
    Please see the Robbie Lawler vs Melvin Manhoef fight and that should eliminate any doubt that Robbie Lawler always has a chance. His insane power has been proven over and over again. I think Hendricks will take Robbie down continuously, even though Robbie has improved his grappling I don't think that he can stop Hendricks. I will be pulling for Lawler but think that Hendricks will pull it off.
    The scary part about the Manhoef fight was that Lawler was able to generate KO power with his legs absolutely chopped to pieces. Dude could barely walk and he still got the KO.

Surely, surely Hendricks takes this to the mat early and often. He wouldn't stand with Condit, why would he stand with Lawler who is the bigger pure knockout threat?

Lawler has lost his ego.. Hendricks still has his.. Johny thinks he's got more power and better boxing and it's going to fuckin haunt him.
    I really believe that people like Bill Murray or John Belushi are just as great and just as valid as Robert De Niro or Al Pacino. And I don't think you can say One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975) is a better movie than Animal House (1978); they're different genres. I think they're both examples of great craftsmanship.

-Sam Rockwell

Quote Originally Posted by Qball1974 View Post
    With Johnys ego I hope he stands with Robbie.
    This is exactly what I predict will happen
    Believe in Chimichanga's

Quote Originally Posted by Goremire View Post
    The scary part about the Manhoef fight was that Lawler was able to generate KO power with his legs absolutely chopped to pieces. Dude could barely walk and he still got the KO.
    That fight was insane. Definitely my favorite Lawler fight and I have probably had friends watch it on at least 25 occasions. Everyone who hasn't seen it should try and find it. It wasn't looking good for Lawler after he received some of the most devastating leg kicks that I have ever seen and it only took one punch to end it. Lawler could barely stand after the fight.

8. Default

I'm happy with who ever wins and will enjoy just watching the fight

I love how all of you are saying how Hendricks has a huge ego simply because he sees himself as the rightful winner of the GSP fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    GSP was just keeping the title warm for Robbie this whole time...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

Thread Information