Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Default Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo.

"No, I don’t think (Weidman should consider it a win). It was an accident. And I’m pretty sure I would have won the fight."

During the interview, Silva rewatched the fight and said he made some technical mistakes before throwing the leg kick.

"I can see some technical mistakes I did in the fight," he said. "To land the perfect kick, I needed to distract him by punching him in the face so he wouldn’t pay attention to the kick. He was protecting the upper part of his body, and the raised leg instinctively. The kick was so strong he lost balance."

Silva wants to fight again, and he’s not worried if his next fight will be against Weidman.

"I saw my mistake, and now I’m only worried about my comeback," he said. "If the UFC thinks I deserve another opportunity (against Weidman) or if I need to earn it. I just want to do what I do, it doesn’t matter if it’s for the title or not. I want to do what I do well."

Right after he suffered the injury, "The Spider" wondered if he would ever walk again.

"The only thing I was thinking was ‘is it over? Will I walk again?’" he said "I was scared that I wouldn’t walk again. Many things were going through my head at that moment. I’m 38 now, and I will be 39 in April. That’s what I’m afraid of, but I’m confident that I will. I will be back.

"(You should stop fighting) when you feel you need to stop, when your body and head says that. I think I still have a lot of things to do. I don’t plan to stop now. I’m getting stronger every day, and I will be back soon."

The MMA legend is still in pain, and he revealed that sometimes he asks his wife to take him for a ride around Los Angeles so he can just sit and cry away from his kids. Pain is part of Silva’s routine now, and he can’t even sleep without it.

"When I landed the kick I heard a loud noise, the sound of a bone breaking, and the pain was huge. And since I left the hospital, I can’t sleep," he said. "It’s really hard. I think about it, and I wondered why. ‘Why, my God, I had to go through all this?’ I wonder which message He’s trying to teach me at this moment."

Yes he lost!
    BTW in both fights he was absolutely dominated in the 1st round before being finished in the second.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

It's the meds.
    And the piano, it sounds like a carnival
    And the microphone smells like a beer

Anderson Silva vs Jon Jones!

If he seriously thinks that Weidman didn't win than they should have stopped in the first because Chris must have knocked him absolutely senseless.

Quote Originally Posted by AnchorPunch View Post
    So if I don't sin, when I die, I go to Canada? Right?

I think he still beats everyone else. Weidman is a bad matchup for him. Silva isn't diminished all that much. Weidman's size, strength and skill set negates a lot of Silva's typical advantage. IMO Weidman would have put an end to Silva's title reign whenever he came along.
    ROCK...CHALK...JAYHAWK

7. Default

God where's Ed Sores when you need him?
    There are many paths to freedom....not all are peaceful.

lol what a sore loser/moron. He got his ass kicked and then was throwing poor technique leg kicks which get checked twice.

Under this logic Silva is lucky that Cote tore his acl because he would've definitely won if it wasn't for that.

Well, what he says makes perfect sense, if he's willing to give up the win he has over Cote, and all the "OMG-he-won-one-zillion-fights-in-a-row-and-set-a-UFC-record" bullshit.

Well, no. Even then it would be stupid. Prideful, misguided, and stupid.

Poor Anderson.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Thread Information