Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Cant believe the hate on this fucken thread right now!

Quote Originally Posted by SickNasty View Post
    That shit is pretty scary. My dad gave me a morphine patch once. (I had ACL surgery and there was a delay in my script) He gave it to me at like 6 am and after a few minutes I was knocked the fuck out for a while. Pain meds are scary man, such potency in such little pills.
    Post ACL surgery they had me taking 3 percocets every 3 hours. Took probably 40 in the first week post surgery - add that with a lot of bud and you get a week in which you dont remember much.

Chris Weidman coach: Anderson Silva diminishing UFC legacy with excuses
    http://mmajunkie.com/2014/01/chris-w...fight-excuses/
    “I just think he got dominated in both fights, and definitely doesn’t deserve anywhere near a third fight, in my opinion,” Longo told MMAjunkie.

Longo, who coaches the UFC’s middleweight champ, was almost incredulous when asked to respond to Silva’s recent comments about his rematch with Weidman, which came at UFC 168 and ended in a gruesomely broken leg.

“My initial feeling was, wow, this guy,” Longo said. “I always had a lot of respect for Anderson. But the first fight, he had his feet the wrong way, he was leaning too much, (and) he knows what he did wrong. This time, Weidman didn’t do anything, and he got hurt.”

Silva broke his tibia and fibula in the second round of this past month’s pay-per-view when Weidman checked a leg kick.

Over the weekend, Silva told Brazilian media outlet Globo that his second loss to the American fighter was a lapse in technique and the product of an accident. Had the injury not occurred, he said, he likely would have won.

“I think these guys just aren’t in touch with reality, and they have to learn how to lose properly and grow from your losses, and move on – instead of making excuses,” Longo said. “Earn your way back up, correct your mistakes. That’s what really being a champion is. One win or loss doesn’t make a champion, but certainly making excuses isn’t being a champion, either.”

The gravelly-voiced trainer even questioned whether Silva was being honest in his assessment of the fight, and deadpanned that there might be another explanation for his state of mind.

“I would think it’s a lot of OxyContins talking,” Longo said. “[Silva is] on a lot of pain meds, and he’s delirious – that would be my first gut feeling. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt.”

Silva’s longtime co-manager, Ed Soares, declined to respond to Longo’s comments when contacted by MMAjunkie.

The record-setting ex-champ currently is recovering at his home in Redondo Beach, Calif., where this past Sunday he received a visit from UFC executives Lorenzo Fertitta and Dana White, who tweeted that Silva would be off crutches within 30 days. Silva promised a return to the cage.

Weidman, meanwhile, is vacationing on the tropical islands of Turks and Caicos, according to Longo, and will take time with his family before addressing his next challenge – No. 1 contender Vitor Belfort, whom he meets likely in May or July in Las Vegas.

Longo could not provide an update on Weidman’s knee, which reportedly was injured heading into UFC 168. Weidman said after this past December’s pay-per-view that he potentially could need arthroscopic surgery to clear damaged tissue in the joint. (Weidman told MMAjunkie earlier this month he’ll get looked over by a doctor to make sure he’s all good before telling the UFC brass he’d prefer to fight Belfort in May.)

Longo said he’ll touch base with the champ at the end of this week, and added the two haven’t spoken about the second fight. He knows, however, how he feels about a third.

“Me personally, (Silva is) going to have to earn his way back up, and maybe by the time he’s 45, we’ll be waiting for him,” he said.

“I think the guy deserves a legacy. I really hope he takes a higher ground and just admits that the kid beat him, fair and square, twice, and go on and live with all your accolades. I think it’s going to diminish his legacy if he keeps making excuses, because I don’t think that’s what a champion should do.”

Who would have thought it, here we have Anderson Fucking Silva trying to talk his way into a title shot. How quick things change in the world of mma.

I agree with Ray Longo but the excuses have been tainting his legacy since the first sonnen fight.

I feel like Silva will always have a but next to his legacy by fans(not all fans). For example "Anderson SIlva was the greatest middleweight of all time...but he was classless, but he was cocky, but he was a douche, but he was a sore loser.

Same with GSP and being boring and Fedor for not fighting in the UFC. People can always add that but in there to speak negatively on his legacy aka taint.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

That's alright. I didn't think Bisping lost to Hendo.

He should just accept it and work his way back. You know if Silva won one fight against a mid-tier opponent Dana would jizz in his pants and set up another title fight.
    "He's got big balls. I like that." -Josh Koschek on Frank Trigg's balls.

Must be nice I'm immune to morphine. It only took surgery on the thoracic region of my spine to find out.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesKnows View Post
    Post ACL surgery they had me taking 3 percocets every 3 hours. Took probably 40 in the first week post surgery - add that with a lot of bud and you get a week in which you dont remember much.
    lol they gave me 180 percocet script after my back surgery, they never worked for me. I had my surgery on Dec. 23rd and was released from hospital on Dec. 24th couldn't contact my Doctor until Jan. 7th so I smoked trees for 2 weeks until I could see him again. I walked in put 168 percocets on his desk and asked for my Norco back. I don't know why but Hydrocodone works way better for me then Oxycodone and Morphine.

Ok aside from the pain meds discussion. In response to Anderson, bro don't buy into your own hype. You are not immortal or superman. Chris beat you soundly twice. Accept this, retire with dignity, and know that you will always be one of the greatest fighters to have ever graced the sport of MMA. I have never been your fan and always rooted against you, but I will not deny your talent or prowess. So please do not deny Chris's accomplishments in two successful victories over you.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    Must be nice I'm immune to morphine. It only took surgery on the thoracic region of my spine to find out.
    Me too had to pass out from the pain to find out .... o.0

Thread Information