Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Quote Originally Posted by Tongan.Death.Grip View Post
    Cant believe the hate on this fucken thread right now!
    Not really seeing anything said that isn't true myself

I just think he got dominated in both fights, and definitely doesn’t deserve anywhere near a third fight, in my opinion,” Longo told MMAjunkie.
    Longo, just stop. Don't go down that road. I know the public sentiment probably echoes it, but that's how soares started out.

Show some class, don't offer opinions on who Weidman should face.

Please, don't go to the entitlement well that soares dug. dug, repeatedly.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I agree with Ray Longo but the excuses have been tainting his legacy since the first sonnen fight.
    I had issues before that, in all sincerity.

I'm a Silva fan. I think he's an outstanding fighter, one of the most amazingly talented fighters in combat sports history. But I've always hated his management, and the outlook that prevented him from doing everything he could to cement the greatest legacy in sports.

I was crushed when he ducked rematches with Henderson and Marquardt. It was a huge opportunity that his management should have been talking him into taking [if he was balking] instead of talking him out of. Then the crap with Maia, which was the first real excuse-fest from him and his camp. Coupled with the bullshit about the rematches, it became hard to be a fan of Silva as a person, and I've ended up just deeply respecting his talent as a result. [/QUOTE]

I feel like Silva will always have a but next to his legacy by fans(not all fans). For example "Anderson SIlva was the greatest middleweight of all time...but he was classless, but he was cocky, but he was a douche, but he was a sore loser.
    At this point, I honestly have to wonder how much of this is him, how much is the stuff he's getting from his camp, telling a meal ticket what they think he wants to hear. Or meds, or translation.

I didn't think he was classless after the first loss. He went out and shut down the "OMG it was totes a fluke! Clowning!" guys, explaining he'd trained hard, was 100% trying to win, and he made a mistake, and was looking forward to the rematch. I wouldn't have minded cockiness if it led him to always do whatever he could to face the best opponent available...but cockiness is inherent in a lot of fighters. It's rare that you get a Fedor or a Georges--they're the anomaly, not the other way around.

Douche is harsh...you're getting into bashing territory.

Same with GSP and being boring and Fedor for not fighting in the UFC. People can always add that but in there to speak negatively on his legacy aka taint.
    I don't think Georges was boring. Ever. I've thought he was conservative, which is very different.
    I also don't fault Fedor for not fighting in the UFC. At the time negotiations failed, the UFC didn't have the best heavyweights, and by the time they did, dana's hard-on for him had lasted more than 4 hours, and he hadn't sought medical assistance. It was too late, it wasn't going to happen.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post

At this point, I honestly have to wonder how much of this is him, how much is the stuff he's getting from his camp, telling a meal ticket what they think he wants to hear. Or meds, or translation.
    If it's coming from his camp though it's still on him really though they type of person you are is certainly effected by those who you chose to surround yourself with and especially in a case where you allow one of them to speak for you directly.

I also don't fault Fedor for not fighting in the UFC. At the time negotiations failed, the UFC didn't have the best heavyweights, and by the time they did, dana's hard-on for him had lasted more than 4 hours, and he hadn't sought medical assistance. It was too late, it wasn't going to happen.
    Totally of topic but Fedor signing with Strikeforce at the time had nothing to do with the competition level at heavyweight if it did it was a toss up as to who had the better heavyweights at that point. It was always about co-promotion

- Overeem had not returned yet to Strikeforce at that point
    - Cormier was a relative unknown at that point and did not get noticed til the ko of Silva
    - Barnett did not sign til well after Fedor did
    - He'd already beaten Arvloski
    - Kharitonov was not signed yet either

That left Silva, Werdum and a softly ranked Rogers as competition for him I think the UFC roster at the time could have matched that.

Longo, just stop. Don't go down that road. I know the public sentiment probably echoes it, but that's how soares started out.

Show some class, don't offer opinions on who Weidman should face.

Please, don't go to the entitlement well that soares dug. dug, repeatedly.

I had issues before that, in all sincerity.

I'm a Silva fan. I think he's an outstanding fighter, one of the most amazingly talented fighters in combat sports history. But I've always hated his management, and the outlook that prevented him from doing everything he could to cement the greatest legacy in sports.

I was crushed when he ducked rematches with Henderson and Marquardt. It was a huge opportunity that his management should have been talking him into taking [if he was balking] instead of talking him out of. Then the crap with Maia, which was the first real excuse-fest from him and his camp. Coupled with the bullshit about the rematches, it became hard to be a fan of Silva as a person, and I've ended up just deeply respecting his talent as a result.

I didn't think he was classless after the first loss. He went out and shut down the "OMG it was totes a fluke! Clowning!" guys, explaining he'd trained hard, was 100% trying to win, and he made a mistake, and was looking forward to the rematch. I wouldn't have minded cockiness if it led him to always do whatever he could to face the best opponent available...but cockiness is inherent in a lot of fighters. It's rare that you get a Fedor or a Georges--they're the anomaly, not the other way around.

Douche is harsh...you're getting into bashing territory.

I don't think Georges was boring. Ever. I've thought he was conservative, which is very different.

rh
    I was referring to the opinions of others not bashing him myself. I'm saying there is always going to be something negative that someone can say when discussing his legacy as a result of the way he acts/talks.

I also wasn't saying Georges was boring or Fedor wasn't the greatest because he wasn't in the UFC. The point I was trying to make is that there are negative things that people can/will say in regards to the legacy of those three fighters, the three greatest of all time up until this point in my opnion.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    If it's coming from his camp though it's still on him really though they type of person you are is certainly effected by those who you chose to surround yourself with and especially in a case where you allow one of them to speak for you directly.
    Yeah, I get that.

But I can't help but really appreciate what I have in my life, even if I'm not a brazillionairre.

I mean, I look at starlets who can't seem to get out of a cab without their vag getting photographed by TMZ, and I wonder what the fuck the people around them say..."look. Just wear some fucking underwear. It's not that hard." I wonder about Michael Jackson, having absolutely nobody around him that says "you need to detox and stop touching kids, fool." Or lindsey lohan, or some other starlet whose parent's are too busy whoring her out for another beachfront to notice that they've raised a fucking mess.

I dunno. Maybe I'm a romantic or something. I just want people to get better, even if it's just a little bit, every day.

It killed me when Penn came back to face Edgar. And did exactly the same thing he did in the first fight, believing his own hype, staying static as the world caught up and passed him.

So yes, it says something about character when someone surrounds themselves with that...but it's a bit pitiable at the same time. I'm glad my wife is who she is, and my friends are who they are.

Totally of topic but Fedor signing with Strikeforce at the time had nothing to do with the competition level at heavyweight if it did it was a toss up as to who had the better heavyweights at that point. It was always about co-promotion

- Overeem had not returned yet to Strikeforce at that point
    - Cormier was a relative unknown at that point and did not get noticed til the ko of Silva
    - Barnett did not sign til well after Fedor did
    - He'd already beaten Arvloski
    - Kharitonov was not signed yet either

That left Silva, Werdum and a softly ranked Rogers as competition for him I think the UFC roster at the time could have matched that.
    My statement was more about when PRIDE FC had folded...but for the sake of argument...how many of the people you've stated were in the UFC again? None of them. The UFC didn't have a good roster in 2009. lesnar was champ with exactly one win over a hard-ranked opponent--and Randy was coming off 15+ months of ring rust. Randy had just lost, and honestly was mediocre at HW when you looked beyond the hype he was riding. Mir was coming off an ass beating by lesnar, and had amassed exactly one win over a ranked opponent in the last 5 years [hard ranking, soft ranking, whatever. His only ranked win was Nog.] Cain had yet to face a top 15 fighter, never mind beat one.

SF had an open policy on co-promotion, leaving potential for all of the fights with all the guys you'd mentioned, and Coker immediately talked about building the division with Fedor's signing.

But regardless of the reason's behind it, it wasn't a bad move or a weak one by Fedor, particularly in light of the vitriol dana couldn't seem to contain every time he opened his mouth. In reality, the only one who had any chance against Fedor was lesnar, and judging from lesnars allergy to getting hit, I'd say Fedor wins 19 out of 20 bouts against him.

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    I was referring to the opinions of others not bashing him myself. I'm saying there is always going to be something negative that someone can say when discussing his legacy as a result of the way he acts/talks.
    Got it. You have my apologies.

... there are negative things that people can/will say in regards to the legacy of those three fighters, the three greatest of all time up until this point in my opnion.
    Yes. And the fact that zuffa deliberately spreads misinformation and bullshit hype does nothing to help the situation.

It's sad that the uninformed opinion doesn't die.

rh
    All manner of men came to work for the News: everything from wild young Turks who wanted to rip the world in half and start all over again -- to tired, beer-bellied old hacks who wanted nothing more than to live out their days in peace before a bunch of lunatics ripped the world in half.

Dr. Hunter S. Thompson
    The Rum Diary

Yeah, Bye.

"I believe that, if you pay attention to these technical details, you will see that (checking the kick) was instinct, not something that he trained to do," Silva said during an interview to Globo."
    I have to laugh at this. Silva should know very well that the only way you instinctively react in a very specific and technical manner is from training to the point that it becomes instinctual.

Well, you train so you can act instinctively.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

Well, what he says makes perfect sense, if he's willing to give up the win he has over Cote, and all the "OMG-he-won-one-zillion-fights-in-a-row-and-set-a-UFC-record" bullshit.

Well, no. Even then it would be stupid. Prideful, misguided, and stupid.

Poor Anderson.

rh
    Well... That is a very valid point.
    Goodbye Mr. Burton

All in the reflexes
    Anderson Silva 5: TRT USERS 0 Hendo - Forrest - Nate - Chael... twice

‘Why, my God, I had to go through all this?’ I wonder which message He’s trying to teach me at this moment."

The good lord has a simple message for silva.... STOP taunting people in the ring it's disrespectful. Don't talk about respect when you don't understand the meaning of it. So......"the good lord snapeth thyne leg."

serious note: I feel bad for Silva but this man has no repect. but he talks about it all the time.
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

My statement was more about when PRIDE FC had folded...but for the sake of argument...how many of the people you've stated were in the UFC again? None of them. The UFC didn't have a good roster in 2009. lesnar was champ with exactly one win over a hard-ranked opponent--and Randy was coming off 15+ months of ring rust. Randy had just lost, and honestly was mediocre at HW when you looked beyond the hype he was riding. Mir was coming off an ass beating by lesnar, and had amassed exactly one win over a ranked opponent in the last 5 years [hard ranking, soft ranking, whatever. His only ranked win was Nog.] Cain had yet to face a top 15 fighter, never mind beat one.

SF had an open policy on co-promotion, leaving potential for all of the fights with all the guys you'd mentioned, and Coker immediately talked about building the division with Fedor's signing.

But regardless of the reason's behind it, it wasn't a bad move or a weak one by Fedor, particularly in light of the vitriol dana couldn't seem to contain every time he opened his mouth. In reality, the only one who had any chance against Fedor was lesnar, and judging from lesnars allergy to getting hit, I'd say Fedor wins 19 out of 20 bouts against him.
    Hindsight shows otherwise!

Thread Information