Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Anderson Silva doesn’t think he lost to Chris Weidman

Quote Originally Posted by rivethead View Post
    Dan, I hope you don't get flamed for this, but you're waaaaay off.

Anderson himself said he wasn't clowning. He was 100% dead serious and it was part of his strategy.
    One more time for the record-book:
    Anderson generally sports a significant reach advantage. With that reach advantage, a fighter with Anderson's skills--specifically head movement and counter striking--can set up his opponents: they commit to a strike when he's just out of their range, but they're still within his range to effectively counter. They swing and miss, he swings and connects.

Against Weidman, he not only didn't have the size advantage he often sports, but Weidman didn't haplessly windmill lefts and rights alternately. While he was still in range, Chris doubled up on the left that initially stuns Anderson, and then dropped him.

It wasn't clowning. It was 100% strategy, only Weidman's strategy was better. That's what happens to champions: you get talented kids who grow up dreaming about fighting them. They watch every fight, over and over. They dissect every bit of film, from training vids to actual bouts. And if they're lucky, they come up with a plan that works.

Chris Weidman and his team watch film. In the dark. All night long.

rh
    Oh, I expected to get flamed, hence the "duck for cover" part!

What Silva says about himself not clowning; I call someone who has their hands completely down, goading his opponent to come over here and hit him, taunting him with his hands down while he is standing right in front of him - that, my friend, even if it doesn't translate from Portuguese, is clowning. I recently watched a broadcast of Silva/Okami. He wasn't doing any of that shit. He got right down to business and kicked Okami's ass. That's the Silva I want to see fight Weidman.

Silva's leg breaking when Weidman checked his kick - certainly, it was a legitimate win. However, were you satisfied with that? It was a freak accident. That shouldn't have been the fight-ender.

I am not taking anything away from Weidman - I am a fan. But at the end of the day, his wins over Silva do leave me dissatisfied. I didn't watch either fight and come away feeling that Weidman dominated Silva's ass, and there's a new king in town. Yes, Weidman is the Champ, but I would love to see them go at it again.

Quote Originally Posted by dan the man 67 View Post
    Oh, I expected to get flamed, hence the "duck for cover" part!

What Silva says about himself not clowning; I call someone who has their hands completely down, goading his opponent to come over here and hit him, taunting him with his hands down while he is standing right in front of him - that, my friend, even if it doesn't translate from Portuguese, is clowning. I recently watched a broadcast of Silva/Okami. He wasn't doing any of that shit. He got right down to business and kicked Okami's ass. That's the Silva I want to see fight Weidman.

Silva's leg breaking when Weidman checked his kick - certainly, it was a legitimate win. However, were you satisfied with that? It was a freak accident. That shouldn't have been the fight-ender.

I am not taking anything away from Weidman - I am a fan. But at the end of the day, his wins over Silva do leave me dissatisfied. I didn't watch either fight and come away feeling that Weidman dominated Silva's ass, and there's a new king in town. Yes, Weidman is the Champ, but I would love to see them go at it again.
    Weidman was giving him a royal ass beat down when he got the tko though, it isn't like it was an even fight by any means. Also Silva was clowning against Okami and Okami was shitting his pants. He did the same thing vs Maia, Leites, Grffin and Bonnar

Weidman's offense did not constitute a royal beatdown.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    This

Weidman was winning but it wasn't some "omfg he's kicking the shit outta Silva" domination. MMA fans can sure jump on a bandwagon fast as fuck. And just like that, if Belfort blitzes right through Weidman he sucks, his wins over Silva were "lucky" and whatever other dumb shit they can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniggles View Post
    knocked him down from the clinch, ground and punded him mercilessly and than broke his leg while exposing Silva's poor leg kicking technique. Sounds like a beat down to me.

People are so deep in the Anderson hype still that they can't see the reality that Chris Beat him twice and soundly. He out struck and controlled Anderson in the first fight. His only flaw was allowing the leg kicks. The second fight he corrected this and we see the result. Not to mention that twice he knocked Anderson out in the first round of the second fight. Yes they were flash and yes the same hard hits woke him back up, but I doubt Anderson will ever remember that round even when watching it. Now people are claiming the old Bandwagon defense since they have run out of valid excuses for why Chris's wins were lucky. Like Anderson people get over it and accept that Anderson is a human and all humans make mistakes. Its how we respond to adversity and mistakes that matters. The little respect I had for Anderson is gone after learning what a soar loser he is. Stop crying and be happy with the long illustrious career you have had.

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus81 View Post
    People are so deep in the Anderson hype still that they can't see the reality that Chris Beat him twice and soundly. He out struck and controlled Anderson in the first fight. His only flaw was allowing the leg kicks. The second fight he corrected this and we see the result. Not to mention that twice he knocked Anderson out in the first round of the second fight. Yes they were flash and yes the same hard hits woke him back up, but I doubt Anderson will ever remember that round even when watching it. Now people are claiming the old Bandwagon defense since they have run out of valid excuses for why Chris's wins were lucky. Like Anderson people get over it and accept that Anderson is a human and all humans make mistakes. Its how we respond to adversity and mistakes that matters. The little respect I had for Anderson is gone after learning what a soar loser he is. Stop crying and be happy with the long illustrious career you have had.
    If you're referring to me. I didn't give no excuse for the losses.I guess my bandwagon post hit a nerve with you. If the shoe fits, then by all means wear it girlfriend

you're new to the forum so I'll give you a tip. If you are making a long post(more than like two sentences) space out like every two sentences or so because that makes posts much easier to read. If you look back at how other people post that is how they do it.
    Last edited by IceCold48; 01-23-2014 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1inthechamber View Post
    If you're referring to me. I didn't give no excuse for the losses.I guess my bandwagon post hit a nerve with you. If the shoe fits, then by all means wear it girlfriend
    If I'm calling someone out I do it directly now if you feel the need to respond to my comment...... As for if and its a strong if Vitor beats Chris it does nothing to diminish his victories over

If I'm calling someone out I do it directly now if you feel the need to respond to my comment...... As for if and its a strong if Vitor beats Chris it does nothing to diminish his victories over
    Im just talking about how most ppl will jump off the bandwagon if he loses. And don't be so quick to write Vitor off, the only old school fighter who actually seems to be adding more tools to his arsenal rather than being one dimensional.

Vitor's most recent losses have only come from Silva and Jones.

Thread Information