Thread: UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo still planning 'normal' move to 155 pounds

Default UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo still planning 'normal' move to 155 pounds

UFC featherweight champion Jose Aldo still planning 'normal' move to 155 pounds
    Aldo (23-1) has yet to taste defeat inside the Octagon and aside from a late rally by Mark Hominick at UFC 129 in Toronto, "Junior" has never really looked like he was in any kind of trouble in each of his featherweight title defenses.

In fact, he looks kinda bored.

That's probably why he was on board for an Anthony Pettis "super fight," which unfortunately was canceled when "Showtime" blew out his knee. Still, "Scarface" tells MMA Fighting a champion vs. champion contest is not off the table.

Not by a long shot.

"People will never forget this idea. I was pissed with that in the past, and then I fought Edgar and proved that I could do good fights (at 155). We'll see what happens. I still have many goals to accomplish. One day I'll fight at 155. We always train with heavier sparring partners to make it harder, so the fight will be easier. It would be normal for me (to fight at 155). We create difficulties in training so we never think it's easy."

The sooner the better in my opinion. I would love to see a rematch with Edgar, but it would take too long for Edgar to get back into a #1 contender spot. He's lost his last three fights though they were close decisions, he should still have to take at least two fights in my opinion before he can rematch Aldo. Outside of Edgar, the only one that I would like to see earn a chance is Poirier, but I only want this for him as a gift for smashing Brandao. I most want to see Aldo vs Pettis. I want to see this fight more than just about any other fight at this point.

Thread Information