Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: White: Diaz declined, nobody wants to fight Khabib

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    If you were to ask the average joe shmo(not hardcore fans like us) who was better they would say Diego based solely off name. You have to realize that a lot of the "fans" out there aren't as informed as us. IN the eyes of the casuals/not well informed a loss to Khabib is worse than a loss to Diego.

Your reasoning still doesn't change the fact that Khabib is significantly a higher ranked fighter than Diego. If we are going by popularity, then yes, Diego is higher ranked than Khabib.

Also, I dont see anything wrong with Michael Johnson getting a shot at Khabib. Yes, he is only on a 2 fight win streak but he impressively defeated 2 UFC journeymen (Lauzon, Tibau), both in dominating fashion.

On a side note, remember when UFC were trying to sign Fedor, part of the negotiation was UFC had to sign M-1 talent, which would have significantly bolstered the UFC's Eastern European roster, but that all fell through. It would have helped UFC enter the Russian market.

Lately the UFC has been signing quite a few Russian based fighters, mainly Dagestanis (Khabib, Rustam Khabilov, Mairbek Taisumov, Adlan Amagov, Ali Bagautinov, Nikita Krylov, Rashid Magomedov, Zubair Tuhugov, Omari Akhmedov). If the UFC can come to terms with Mahmed Khalidov, (the only big Russian based fighter remaining), Uzbeki, Ukrainian, Chechian fighters, their roster would add even more name value, and their plans to break into the Russian market can be coming sooner than later, as Russia would love to see their people fighting at home.

Quote Originally Posted by MMA4EVERRR View Post
    Your reasoning still doesn't change the fact that Khabib is significantly a higher ranked fighter than Diego. If we are going by popularity, then yes, Diego is higher ranked than Khabib.

Also, I dont see anything wrong with Michael Johnson getting a shot at Khabib. Yes, he is only on a 2 fight win streak but he impressively defeated 2 UFC journeymen (Lauzon, Tibau), both in dominating fashion.

On a side note, remember when UFC were trying to sign Fedor, part of the negotiation was UFC had to sign M-1 talent, which would have significantly bolstered the UFC's Eastern European roster, but that all fell through. It would have helped UFC enter the Russian market.

Lately the UFC has been signing quite a few Russian based fighters, mainly Dagestanis (Khabib, Rustam Khabilov, Mairbek Taisumov, Adlan Amagov, Ali Bagautinov, Nikita Krylov, Rashid Magomedov, Zubair Tuhugov, Omari Akhmedov). If the UFC can come to terms with Mahmed Khalidov, (the only big Russian based fighter remaining), Uzbeki, Ukrainian, Chechian fighters, their roster would add even more name value, and their plans to break into the Russian market can be coming sooner than later, as Russia would love to see their people fighting at home.
    I meant in terms of where he falls in the eyes of most fans, my bad for not clarifying.

Johnson vs Khabib, maybe it's meant to be? Gilbert won't fight him, Nate won't fight him, damn let Johnson have a crack at him. I don't think Michael has much of a shot but he's willing to step up so book it!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Without blinking I bitch slapped him right across the face and grabbed him and yelled, "You go out there and beat his ass!!!" Nate "The Rock" Quarry.

"Shit just got real here in the Max!" Michael "The Voice" Schiavello at K-1 World Max Rd of 16 2010, Zambidis vs. Chahid.

What's Gray Maynard up to?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

thought grey was evaluating his career and thinking of hanging them up

Quote Originally Posted by ckauffman28 View Post
    thought grey was evaluating his career and thinking of hanging them up
    Probably a good decision.

This is why we need Guida in the LW division. He would be the perfect opponent for Khabib right now.

Hey fight me fight me!

No

Nobody will fight me!

I'll fight you!

No!

So he's pretty much doing the same thing to johnson as Gil and Nate are doing to him lol

couldn't come to terms on the financials?????? aren't these guys under contract? what financials?

to me it seems you can make the terms difficult to avoid fights. I believe that's what the diaz management is doing. so......they did turn it down!
    Favorite fighters:
    HW- Mir, Brock, Fedor, Cain
    LHW-Shogun, Tito, Mousasi. Rampage
    MW-Hendo, Sonnen, Mayhem M
    WW-GSP, C Condit>Nick diaz, Fitch wonderboy?
    LW-Penn, Edgar, Cerrone, pettis
    FW-Aldo, Homenik,

Fighters I LOATH 1-BISPING

Thread Information