Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: White: Diaz declined, nobody wants to fight Khabib

He made $15K/$15K for his fight with Grey. Yea, I'd be holding out for more money too.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Donosaur View Post
    I'm no doctor, and probably not even particularly smart...

Mike Kogan: UFC turned down Khabib Nurmagomedov fight, not Nate Diaz

Mike Kogan, who recently took over as manager for the outspoken Stockton slugger, today informed MMAmania.com that he was indeed presented with a fight against "The Eagle," but it was UFC -- not Team Diaz -- who had problems with the contract.

"Nate has never turned down a fight against anyone," Kogan said. "There are conditions that we asked for that were turned down by the UFC, so the fight didn't happen."

As Diaz so eloquently put it on his Twitter account, "F U PAY ME."

FOX Sports has more:

"We asked for Nate's contract to be redone. The UFC turned it down. We asked for a change to his contract, and changes to when the fight takes place. They said no and we said no thanks. This is supposed to be a professional sport, but then this resorts to these Twitter wars. This isn't a street fight, it's a professional sport. If it's a street fight and they want to see who the better man is they know where the fuck Nate is, and then we can see who is the better man."

I'm a bit confused. It is my understanding that once you sign a contract, you fulfill your contract before you negotiate a new one. Does anyone know if there is a clause that allows you to demand new terms before the contract expires/is fulfilled?
    You have to know what you don't know.

Is anyone else wondering whatever happened with the Gilbert Melendez idea?
    I thought that was pretty much set in stone.
    Sorry Fedor, but Dan Henderson is the G.O.A.T.

Favorite Fighter: JIM MILLER.
    Scariest Dude on the Planet: TYRONE SPONG.
    Other Favorites: Chris Lytle, Martin Kampmann, Joe Lauzon, Khabib Nurmagmadov, Conor McGregor, Paul Daley, Ross Pearson, Donald Cerrone, Renan Barao, Glover Texiera, & Alistair Overeem.

"He doesn't write his own material. Some homo in Queens living in his mother's basement in his underwear is writing Chael's material for him." - DON FRYE.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakara=Excitement View Post
    Did you read the article? The whole point is no one wants to fight him. No one. So he may have to take a fight like that.
    It was DW who said it, so it is probably a lie anyway.
    Not only brazilians can do this stuff

Meltzer was saying that Gil never signed the Khabib fight before it was announced and it sounded like it was pulled because Gil wanted too much money and that it could've easily been an excuse to not fight a dangerous, yet relatively unknown Khabib. Meltzer also says that ZUFFA offered Nate the Khabib fight after somebody else turned it down and that Nate's camp asked for too much money, which ZUFFA took as him turning down the fight, since asking for too much money is often a way fighters get out of fights they don't want.

I'm thinking they ultimately book Khabib with Jim Miller if everybody else passes(since I don't think Jim Miller would turn down a fight, but who knows?).

Quote Originally Posted by Fedorlei Gomipierre View Post
    Meltzer was saying that Gil never signed the Khabib fight before it was announced and it sounded like it was pulled because Gil wanted too much money and that it could've easily been an excuse to not fight a dangerous, yet relatively unknown Khabib. Meltzer also says that ZUFFA offered Nate the Khabib fight after somebody else turned it down and that Nate's camp asked for too much money, which ZUFFA took as him turning down the fight, since asking for too much money is often a way fighters get out of fights they don't want.

I'm thinking they ultimately book Khabib with Jim Miller if everybody else passes(since I don't think Jim Miller would turn down a fight, but who knows?).
    How do you think your Dad matches up with Khabib?

Why can't Khabib and the rest of us just wait for the Henderson/Thompson fight to be over. He should fight the winner of that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by quikslvrxx View Post
    Why can't Khabib and the rest of us just wait for the Henderson/Thompson fight to be over.
    Probably because he hasn't fought since September and has a family to support.

10. Default

Nate is an idiot.

Thread Information