Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: White: Diaz declined, nobody wants to fight Khabib

In terms of standing in the lightweight division, Khabib is below Gray Maynard and Diego Sanchez. It seems the Stockton buddies don't want to take on a lower ranked guy in a trap fight without getting paid extra money.

They probably feel as if they are being used as gate keeprs for Khabib in order to build hype for him so they think they should get extra money so essence turned down the contract more so than the fighter himself. I don't think it is nobody wanted to fight him because they're scared.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

2. Default

This isn't lets make a deal. This is you sign a contract, a crappy one that Nates manager admitted to getting because he sucks as a manager, and when you fulfill that, you ask for more money.

Honestly I didn't think it was possible to find a worse manager then Cesar but Nate was able to.

Wonder how long Nate ends up siting out over this cause I don't see the UFC rushing out to pay him more when the LW division is pretty stacked without him.

Quote Originally Posted by KevoOnTheRadio View Post
    How do you think your Dad matches up with Khabib?
    I still don't think Khabib's standup game is ready for the elite level, which is why I thought Gil would've had an easy time outworking him but Miller would be a good start because it isn't like his standup is killer. IMO Miller would probably be too cagey, drag him into deep waters and I've felt Khabib fights a little too open at the moment, so I see Jim popping off some great jabs while maintaining distance until Khabib wanes a bit. Thus, I see Jim "Baddest Motherfucker on the Planet" Miller getting an RNC in the 3rd on a tired Khabib, but hey, I'm crazy biased on this one.

gray maynard

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold48 View Post
    In terms of standing in the lightweight division, Khabib is below Gray Maynard and Diego Sanchez. It seems the Stockton buddies don't want to take on a lower ranked guy in a trap fight without getting paid extra money.
    He might be lower than Gray on some rankings but there is no way he is ranked lower than Diego. Diego has one split decision win over Gomi in the last 4 and 1/2 years at LW. He shouldn't even be in top 20.
    "If a man with no arms and a man with no legs started learning karate, the same light bulb would appear over every head in Japan. That’s right: Glue them together and see if it can kill a panda."

In terms of standing in the lightweight division, Khabib is below Gray Maynard and Diego Sanchez.
    The only part of that statement I agree with is "lightweight division". Everything else is wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by SWIFTboy View Post
    I rode a horse. Banged in a hot spring.
    Quote Originally Posted by GL Jeff View Post
    Is he bigger then WarMachine?

They probably feel as if they are being used as gate keeprs for Khabib in order to build hype for him so they think they should get extra money so essence turned down the contract more so than the fighter himself. I don't think it is nobody wanted to fight him because they're scared.
    Not sure how you can justify Diego being ahead of him at all?

I see a miller fight going exactly like the healy fight did

Quote Originally Posted by Rise View Post
    Not sure how you can justify Diego being ahead of him at all?
    If you were to ask the average joe shmo(not hardcore fans like us) who was better they would say Diego based solely off name. You have to realize that a lot of the "fans" out there aren't as informed as us. IN the eyes of the casuals/not well informed a loss to Khabib is worse than a loss to Diego.
    "DO YOU THINK I'M JUST GOING TO SIT THERE AND LET YOU KILL ME JON???"

Thread Information